Moderators

Started by Gfunkera, Mon 19/04/2004 18:37:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfunkera

Why do you guys gotta go around and change my threads on me?? I'm sick of this shit!

"I'm a retard"   I bet you think your real funny! Kiss my ass!

Adamski

Uh, which moderators are messing with your posts?

Ghormak

Well, if you have a problem with a certain moderator I suggest you take it up with him personally, and don't start up another pointless argument on the forums. There's enough negativity on it already.
Achtung Franz! The comic

c.leksutin

Calm down.  What are you talking about?

C.

Gfunkera

Its too bad the moderators are the whole damn reason for most of the pointless arguments! Its sad but look at the threads and the facts most of the mods around here are abusing there power and its definatley not right!

Ok, Well I've changed it now but there was a thread that said Full throttle help and someone change my post to say I'm a retard and this isnt the first time.

c.leksutin

Again: what are you talking about? could you point out where this is happening please?

C.

Gfunkera

I did in my edit

Full throttle help with sound

c.leksutin

And which moderator did it say edited your post?  it will pst it at the bottom.

C.

shbaz

http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=13289

It doesn't have any signs of being edited.. but if it were, I'd guess it had something to do with you being an ass when someone asked you to observe proper etiquette with the question marks.

Moderators here haven't abused their power in the time I've been here, except sometimes making minor sarcastic edits when someone acts like a jerk.. like when you posted a couple dozen  ??? smileys.

Hmm.. maybe ass is a strong word for you, but you need to calm down and not be so quick to get angry at such a minor suggestion.

Quote* cracks open another beer

Might want to add that one to your signature.  ::)
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

SSH

"The moderators" is not a homogenous group, so don't tar them with the same brush. If there's been someone editing your posts there are a number of possibilities:

1) It was ONE of the moderators of the board
2) Your password is easily guessable and someone else has logged in as you
3) Someone has used your computer while you were taking a pee

So don't jump to conclusions, as (2) and (3) are far more likely, given the current moderators of this board. Also, why not explain exactly which post in which thread?

Gfunkera

well, I edited my post before I knew it would say who edited it.... But anyways I'm sorry If I come of as a jerk sometimes, but when people tell me how I should punctuate my sentences and such, it pisses me off. I follow most rules very closley so I don't need to be razed like newb for using to many '?' or to many '!' why does anyone else care? But anyways I don't think it was very good for a mod to do this, and believe me it was a mod there is no way anyone figured out my password trust me...

And I qoute this is what it said:

"I'm a retard"

I don't think its realy a joke since I'm not and I have a cousin who has mental retardation....

For the un-educated - http://www.aamr.org/Policies/faq_mental_retardation.shtml

c.leksutin

Yes, well since you seem to have gotten rid of any proof or information that could  help figure out who's behind it,  we're all somewhat stuck then.  I can assure you that most of us MODs are not abusing our "power" around here, mearly enforcing the rules.

C.

shbaz

I care because I read that text as the frantic ranting of a newb, and I think it would be nice if there weren't any newbs franticly ranting here. Take this, for example.

Why do you need to use so many question marks??? Isn't punctuation important to you???

Doesn't that read a little rushed and rude?
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Andail

I guess some moderator managed to make you sound like a moron in this thread too?

QuoteIts too bad the moderators are the whole damn reason for most of the pointless arguments!

That's utter bullshit, frankly....most of the mods have done a horse job during the years to make this a better place.
Also you did act like a jerk in that thread, with all that question mark business

evenwolf

Flame D, you can overreact as much as you want - reputations mean nothing here.   Some more than others.  

\

"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Ishmael

Quotegiven the current moderators of this board

So not chance...

To me, thinking with common sense, the most logical thing to do when you notice your post is not the way it was before is check the bottom row for info on who has last edited it.

I remember my post being once edited by a moderator... I don't remember who, but I somehow feel proud... (don't ask me) I think I was jerking in there back then...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Gfunkera

See now its A big FLAME DEMORGON thread?

and look up a few threads I see lots of

?????????????
?????????????

Moderators feel free to change it too that!

shbaz

Quote from: Demorgon on Mon 19/04/2004 19:07:09
See now its A big FLAME DEMORGON thread?

and look up a few threads I see lots of

?????????????
?????????????

Moderators feel free to change it too that!

Yes, because we all clearly had it out for you from the beginning.

evenwolf

Yes flaming D.  You have proven yourself worthyof our precious flaming attention.  be prepared for our mighty wrath!

This thread deserves  I-LOckery!
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Gfunkera

what eva guys I was here before most of you....  Late 1999

See ya'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk