What's your favourite GAME?

Started by Wormmaster, Fri 23/04/2004 11:41:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

The Secret of Monkey Island
The Haunting
Freedom Force
Ghostmaster (like the haunting, but better. I wish I didn't have to round a friends house everytime I want to play it)
Day of the Tentacle

Einoo

My two most favorite AGS games (I don't like shooting stuff and I've not played any old adventure games :-[ ) are:

Rob Blanc 3
Perils of Poom

And to a lesser extent:
Rob Blanc 2
Apprentice
Two of a Kind
Al-Quest

Tiki

Day of the Tentacle!   Following that ... perhaps CMI?

Lazy Z

If I had to choose just one game, I would say Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

But I prefer top-5 lists, so I'll add these:

Shenmue 2
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Longest Journey
Virtua Fighter 4 (not Evolution, because I haven't played that for more than 30 minutes...)
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Rosiedp

Without a doubt, my favorite game is OTHER WORLDS.  This game is soooooooo great.

Next I loved Leisure Suit Larry, Apprentice 1 and 2

Good games are here to stay.

Domino

I've had a change of heart and realized my favorite game off all time is now The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY.

I bought an Xbox last year just to play this game (i know it is on PC also, but i had my old computer at the time) and loved it.  Then i stopped playing it for awhile and then just recently started playing it again , and which i started over again.

I can't put into words how great this game is.

Ubel

It's not hard to quess what my favourite is, if you look at my avatar.

Final Fantasy 7!!! Oh gosh I'm totally fan! I'm even planning of making a fangame of it with AGS.Ã,  ;D

Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban

Bartimaeus

Quote from: colect12 on Wed 30/03/2005 13:15:30
Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban
Hehe! I'm so glad there's someone out there!
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Phemar

Mine would prolly be Grim Fandango. DOTT and the later larry's, and perhaps CMI, were just a bit too Disney for me. And Disney pisses me off.
Oh yeah Escape from MI was just bad... I mean, no-one in that game had ever heard of Australia, yet all the voice actors spoke with Austrailian accents. What's up with that?2??2

DanClarke

My top 10 games:

1. Final Fantasy 7
2. Monkey Island 2
3. Final Fantasy 8
4. Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of time
5. Grim Fandango
6. The Curse OF Monkey Island
7. Day Of The Tentacle
8. Super Mario 64
9. Sam And Max
10. Tekken 3

I could go on all day with favourites, and will probably come back to change this at some point lol.

EMI was pretty lame all in all. Some nice bits here and there, but some really pathetic things in terms of design and planning:

-Wherever Elaine and Guybrush went on their Honeymoon, the people there must have been quite persuasive in their tones, because Elaine magically had her British accent replaced with an American one on return.

-Melee Island seems to have had a serious redesign. (for the worse.)

-3D. Why? It stripped the game of the personality that the previous 3 held so well.

- Monkey Kombat.

-Giant Robotic monkeys? ...no thanks.

Need i go on?

matt

Sensible World of Soccer '96-97. I've spent months on this.

Arboris

Diablo 2 with/without expansion, the game I played for years on the internet on 56k modem (oh the humanity when those phonebills came)

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

Domino

My favorite game(s) keep changing all of the time because i get bored with games after awhile.  One minute it's one game, the next minute it's another.

But i've gone back to playing GTA:San Andreas.  I bought Resident Evil 4 for the GameCube but got to a point where i figured there was no way i could get by it, so i gave up.  Damn, RE4 is no easy game.

I also want to go back and start playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 again.  This is a game i spent alot of time playing when i first got it, but of course got bored.  Then i started playing Mall Tycoon 2 and realized the game isn't much fun and also quit playing.

Let's just say that every game i get is my favorite for awhile until i get sick of it.

So, hopefully i will never have to post in this thread again to tell you which is my favorite game(s).

Your's Truly

Scared of the Dark  :)

Lord_Nipper

Quote from: Gurok on Sun 13/06/2004 13:53:35
Quest for Glory 1 through to 5, in that order.  ;D

I'm sad that this is the only QFG that I've seen on this thread... so sad...

QFG 2 would be my favorite if it was easier to find the money changer in the beginning.  But I haad to cheat every time  :'(

For that reason, Quest for Glory 4 was the best one in my opinion

dydale

Loom, Monkey Island, Syberia

rita

Other worlds and Apprentice!

skw

Well... I can't type the only one, so here are my 5 favourites: Doom I & II / Quake, Diablo, Darkseed and Loom (both EGA and VGA).
a.k.a. johnnyspade

mlsq42

In no real order...

Civ 2
Alley Cat
DOTT
Diablo 2
WWF No Mercy
(Insert something witty and AGS related here.)

BorisZ

In order

1. Heroes of might and magic 2
2. Blood
3. Civilization 2
4. Ascendacy (with AI patch)
5. Warcraft 2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk