What's your favourite GAME?

Started by Wormmaster, Fri 23/04/2004 11:41:47

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkPhantom

Quote from: OneDollar on Mon 07/08/2006 12:25:35
I loved Shenmue, a game that had severe faults (the voice actor for that woman who wanted to be a teacher sticks out in my mind), but really drew you into its world. Shenmue 3 with 1 and 2 included on the PC, that would be good...

I personally had issue with Tom.

"HEEEEEEEY RYOOOOOO!!! AH'LL GET YOOU SOME KUFFEEE OKAAAAAAAAAAYY??"

My favourite game...

System Shock 2 or Deus Ex. Probably Deus Ex. Amazing characters and brilliant storytelling all round.

'Hallow's End: Everyone goes there eventually'  http://www.freewebs.com/codpiecestudios

Hammerite

Deus Ex.
Great story, characters.
Cracking music too(notably in Hong Kong)
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

MarkPhantom

Quote from: Hammerite on Mon 07/08/2006 13:54:23
Deus Ex.
Great story, characters.
Cracking music too(notably in Hong Kong)

I hear ya buddy.

*raises glass to the Denton brothers*

'Hallow's End: Everyone goes there eventually'  http://www.freewebs.com/codpiecestudios

biothlebop

Current favourite: Yuri's Revenge/RA2.
Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

Dan_N

Red Alert?
Haha!
What a pus-

oh...
sorry, my evil twin personality i'm sharing my current body with just had a hissy fit... i apologise on his behalf.

Anyway, Red Alert is great, but i consider StarCraft the all-time best freakin game ever made...

I would also like to point out why (not like other smacktards - i juse love that word):
* Although it was not 3D, the sprites were excellently designed and fooled the first time i played it until i heard a little phrase from a hero who said: "I know it's not 3D!" and then I knew it wasn't 3D.
* Sound is excellent, great stereo effects.
* Voices are well suited to characters. And the lines they say are brilliant, just listen to this terran battlecruiser captain: "I really need to go... Number one?" or the terran vulture driver: "I don't have time to f*beep*ck arround!" or the terran goliath: "Checklist completed... SOB!". Brilliant I say!
* Portraits are animated for god's sake! And well fit the character.
* Music (from what i heard when i had the demo) is excellent and well in-tone with the game!
* The three races are perfectly balanced and completely original (even the terrans which are earth humans and should be predictable).
Consider all these traits were implemented on a game from 199 freakin 8!
Oh sure, there was the first 3D RTS game made in 1997, but it lacks that something that StarCraft defenetely has! (besides, the races were exactle the same).

Challenge me if you dare!
(smacktard... oh, damn personality!)

deadsuperhero

Quote from: Dan_N_GameZ on Thu 10/08/2006 23:05:00
Red Alert?
Haha!
What a pus-

oh...
sorry, my evil twin personality i'm sharing my current body with just had a hissy fit... i apologise on his behalf.

Anyway, Red Alert is great, but i consider StarCraft the all-time best freakin game ever made...

I would also like to point out why (not like other smacktards - i juse love that word):
* Although it was not 3D, the sprites were excellently designed and fooled the first time i played it until i heard a little phrase from a hero who said: "I know it's not 3D!" and then I knew it wasn't 3D.
* Sound is excellent, great stereo effects.
* Voices are well suited to characters. And the lines they say are brilliant, just listen to this terran battlecruiser captain: "I really need to go... Number one?" or the terran vulture driver: "I don't have time to f*beep*ck arround!" or the terran goliath: "Checklist completed... SOB!". Brilliant I say!
* Portraits are animated for god's sake! And well fit the character.
* Music (from what i heard when i had the demo) is excellent and well in-tone with the game!
* The three races are perfectly balanced and completely original (even the terrans which are earth humans and should be predictable).
Consider all these traits were implemented on a game from 199 freakin 8!
Oh sure, there was the first 3D RTS game made in 1997, but it lacks that something that StarCraft defenetely has! (besides, the races were exactle the same).

Challenge me if you dare!
(smacktard... oh, damn personality!)

Damn, I LOVE StarCraft. It pisses me off that they never made StarCraft II or III. And they're taking forever on Ghost.
Damn good game, though.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

MarkPhantom

Quote from: Alliance on Fri 11/08/2006 00:53:06
And they're taking forever on Ghost.

They have a clever marketing strategy. The moment people complain about them taking too long, they post a picture of the heroine's ass - usually in her skintight suit, so they're droolign so much Blizzard get the heat off them.

Hammerite

i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

CMK2901

Gabriel Knight 3 = Best Game Ever.

Math-proven, CMK2901-approved; Gabriel Knight 3 is the best game ever.
Science Fiction
Currently writing and developing technology/techniques
Story/Puzzles: 48%
Graphics: 5%
Overall: 5%

Peder 🚀

My favourite game is The Dig.
Then comes Battlefield 2!

Ghost

Hmmm... I think I'll put down a little list...

Beyond Good And Evil
---------------------------
Never found a game where so many elements were welded together and still were more than the sum of its parts. And heck, it's living proof that a heroine doesn't need atomic bosom to look great.
And which other game has an "Uncle Pey'j", eh?

Zanzarah - The Hidden Portal
-------------------------------------
Yes, those who know it will shout "Pokemon clone",
but I like it. A lot.

Eets
-----
Plain fun, sheer gameplay, fun for casual gamers and
card-carrying Lemmings fans. Has an editor, too, and that
thing really eats my nights.

DOTT
------
Can't get enough of it.

sergiocornaga

Cave Story tied with Phoenix Wright.

If you haven't already, play both of these games immediately!

thewalrus

Well this is a difficult question. I really enjoyed Kings Quest VI.... But I dunno really what my favorite game of all time is. I've seen way too many games to decide. I was a kid in the age of the PC JR.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together!

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

eddie hitler

HMMMMMM.............well I could'nt put them in order, but here they are

barbie explorer for the playstation.... oh dear Ive said too much ;)
splinter cell trillogy, especially chaos theory.
prince of persa 1, 2 and three for xbox
simon the sorceror 1 and 2 my fav adventure games.... the third one was crap but man am I lookin forward to the forth.
monkey island 1 and 2, with emphasis on the second.
my favorite ags game is 5 days a stranger.
streets of rage 1 and 2 for mega drive, they kick arse.
broken sword 1 and 2, dott, sam and max, full throttle, bass, they all kick arse in their own, creamy soft way. that is all I can tink of at the mo, I might modify this post later.

Guybrush_Stobart

The best game ever has gotta be Discworld Noir. Great characters, great plot, great humour, great gameplay. Was just an awesome game.

timlump

FALLOUT 1 AND 2, especially two.

Its more diverse than OBLIVION nad man thats diverse.

For example:
There are these 2 cities Vault city and GECKO
Vault city has all the wealth and there are no mutants, while Gecko is poor and full of mutants who get this sleep in a leaking nuclear power station.

Now I need to get into the nuclear fallout shelter of vault city to find out where I can get the GECK (a thing that will save my village from drought)

I can
-negotiate a peace agreement between the two by repairing the offending nuclear reactor
-kill everyone in Gecko to please the dreaded 1st citizen of vault city
-do the citizenship test and be allowed in
-sneak in and fight my way out and in or
-murder everyone in vault city and walk in.

I chose the last option since it was easy when I had MKII powered armour that could deflect a rapid fire shotgun blask and a car with over 50 kinds of weapons in it which i stole from a gun dealer in a gamling town further south.

A throughly enjoyable game with COMPLETE OPEN ENDNESS.

Buy the trillogy today because its only 14.99 euro for all the originals.

Watch the intro to number 1
http://www.youtube.com/v/M3uEW9Gu6bY
Watch the intro to number 2
http://www.youtube.com/v/e3PXiV95kwA

deFineLicht

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

And on the computer: Age of Empires 2

Afflict

Star Craft,

And yeah lets not go there... Damn Blizzard.
I enjoy BOTS as well.

salomey5

I adored Banjo-Tooie, especially the Witchy World part! I got this fetish about abandoned amusement parks...!
Love your enemies... It's the best way to get on their nerves...!

JpGames

Final Fantasy X . The second place is for The Dig.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk