My Monkey Island FanGame

Started by FantomeLeCheikh, Fri 23/04/2004 15:42:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Haddas

1. Insults
2. Guybrush, Elaine, LeChuck,  the mapmaker in MI2/pirate bloodnose in MI3 and the salesman that you nail into the coffin in monkey island 2. Can't remember the names now though. They're in there. I can't get them out. But those 5 are essential. Also you could also let the hermit appear somewhere

Names from Haddas's post:
Wally
Stan
Herman (although he'd probably be governer if you are gonna fit in with the ending to Mi4)

Haddas

Yes, Wally and Stan. How could I forget those... :-[

FantomeLeCheikh

Ok...for the moment:

-Guybrush
-Wally
-Herman
-Stan
-Elaine
-LeChuck (  ;) )

And:

-Insult Sword Fights
-Giant Monkey Head   ;D

I await your suggestions!!

Oh.. and I know that he wasn't in Mi2 But include Murray! Or i shal hunt you down like the fiendsih mortal you are BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Hey? Wheres everybody gone?

And Jojo.. risen from the dead.. or maybe Jojo Jr Jr?

FantomeLeCheikh

my project will be a new adventure who could be MI 5!!
So there will be new characters !!  ;)

Which will be the role of Murray? mystery!  ;D

Mats Berglinn

The elements that makes a good MI game is jokes, insult-swordfighting and Guybrush famous crazy comments about items and other characters. Please, I really want to see Plunder Island again, it's my favorite island of the series.

About the characters: I love so many characters that it's so hard to decide but you got to use Elaine, Stan, LeChuck and the Voodoo-lady. I also want to see the barber pirates (Bill, Haggis and Edward), maybe the return of the Men of Low Moral Fiber (those slackers are funny), I liked Mr. Cheese so bring him in this one. If you're going to use Otis and Carla, please, make them so they forgive Guybrush for sinking the boat incident, beacuse I hated when they accuse him for that and never forgives him in MI4.

Will LeChuck be in a new form? I would him like to be a skeletal pirate because we see his crew as skeletons while he have been a ghost, a zombie and a demon with flamming beard.

FantomeLeCheikh, I have a request of a new character: Give Guybrush a parrot! I want to see Guybrush have his very own parrot. It doesn't matter if it insults him, makes fun of him or whatever, please, let him have it!  ;D

TheDude

Quote from: Mats Berglinn on Sun 25/04/2004 19:58:16
About the characters: I love so many characters that it's so hard to decide but you got to use Elaine, Stan, LeChuck and the Voodoo-lady. I also want to see the barber pirates (Bill, Haggis and Edward), maybe the return of the Men of Low Moral Fiber (those slackers are funny), I liked Mr. Cheese so bring him in this one. If you're going to use Otis and Carla, please, make them so they forgive Guybrush for sinking the boat incident, beacuse I hated when they accuse him for that and never forgives him in MI4.

Yeah, maybe you should include one of the hairdressing pirates, i'd prefer Haggis as he had the coolest voice!

FantomeLeCheikh

QuoteGive Guybrush a parrot! I want to see Guybrush have his very own parrot. It doesn't matter if it insults him, makes fun of him or whatever, please, let him have it!  

Very good idea!!!  ;)
I work there!!  :P

Ok...for the moment:

-Guybrush
-Wally
-Herman
-Stan
-Elaine
-LeChuck
-Voodoo-lady
-barber pirates
-Men of Low Moral Fiber (oh yeah!!!  ;D )
-Mr. Cheese
-Otis and Carla

And:

-Insult Sword Fights
-Giant Monkey Head
-Jokes
-Guybrush famous crazy comments (of course  ;) )
-Plunder Island

Babar

And voodoo! Use voodoo in the game. Wait... maybe you have voodoo already. I see Guybrush has a voodoo doll. As for characters, add the cannibals. ;D
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Barbarroja

Great artwork!
If you need any help with the drawing of characters or anything that includes drawing , i can help  you.
( sorry for the english i'm argentinian)

Cold As Ice

I think you should add voices and professional music to this perfect art.
It is just great. I think the idea to have a parrot is great... but I think of something like this: Guybrush wants to have a parrot but he gets something else... something that dosen't fit whit him.
Here I come... And the hell comes with me!

Haddas

He could have a cat on his shoulders ;D

j-Hed

Hello FantomeLeCheikh!

"which are for you significant elements of MI? (for example: Insult Sword Fights ...)"

Well in my opinion I would like to see new kinds of elements. Insult sword fights, monkeybattle and shipbattles are some but I always get happy when there's something new and imaginative.

So my advice is to use your creativity and imagination and make the game something different (but still point n' click of course) then it will also be more interesting. These are just some of MY thoughts please ignore this if it sounds crappy ;)

By the way Awesome graphics, it's the best Guybrush ever!

FantomeLeCheikh

QuoteWell in my opinion I would like to see new kinds of elements
Completely in agreement with you but if I ask which are for you significant elements of MI it is to find the spirit of "Monkey Island" by its fans!!  ;)

I dont want to reproduce exactly "Insult Sword Fights" for example!
I have the brain in overheating!!  :P

Hey can I help you with this game it seems really interesting and I can draw concept art and help with stroylines :D

And another thing (I know you're prob tired of me posting in this thread by now)

Include
A Vicar ( I just want to see a vicar [not father rasputin])
A parrot that makes fun of Guybrush
That big island.. (Can't you see the skull?... Its a duck...)
The Scumm Bar which is no longer the Lua Bar

Oh and I really think you should try too get permision from Lucasarts before making this. I'd hate to see it completed and they shut it down.

If not just change the names slightly to Buygrush Weeptood or something

Good luck with everything!

Mats Berglinn

Scuthbert: Don't worry about the permission! Lucas Arts haven't put down Sam & Max The Case Gilbert or m0ds's Indiana Jones and Fountain of Youth or Night of the Hermit so there are nothing to worry about.

I also have an idea thanks to Scuthbert. If you're going to use a parrot that belongs to Guybrush and makes fun of him, why not making him prounoce his name wrong all the time? Think about the dialog!  ;D

I couldn't resist.. I made some fan posters/ads

Or maybe even..

TheDude

Was that last one from a star wars poster? I remember seeing something like that on my religous education teacher's wall about... 3 years ago. The monkey shadow's a nice idea.

Haddas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk