FORUM SUGGESTION: 'Adventure Archive'

Started by .., Sun 25/04/2004 18:31:22

Previous topic - Next topic

I think it could be usefull to have an archive with usefull threads from this forum similar to the Technical Archive. It could be called 'Adventure Archive' :D

Threads that would be moved there would be stuff like if somebody asked about Tips on Character Design or Voice Recording and it got some usefull responses.

That way they would all be in one place and not neccisarily technical issues, also this could reduce repeat posts.

What do you think?

Ben

That's not a bad idea. We have something similar with topics from the old EZBoard, but it would be nice to have an archive of more recent stuff-- just the most interesting or useful threads.

Ginny

I think that's a good idea. There are many threads I'm sure can be useful. Also, in terms of game design, I'd put all the GTD's in such a forum by default, but maybe only after they were over, or something...
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Evil

Sounds good to me. And have a seperate section of the forums for archived stuff.

Phemar

Well not really an adventure archive, moreover a "beginners non-techinical archive!"

Second you up, guys!  ;)   ;D ;D ;D

Gravity

Not a bad idea. But remember, just because a topic is interesting or has a lot of replies doesnt mean it's useful. :D

Ginny

Yes, naturally there wouldn't be many there from critic's lounge, except for the voice acting one, it's the only one I can think of. But from Adventure-related, there are many threads which I think are very useful and worth saving :).
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

jannar85

Also... Changing forum skins would be nice....  ::)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Just wondering if m0ds or any other moderaters think this could be done? It seems that the people who replied think It's a good idea...

shbaz

It'd be nice for the threads that consistently pop up.. "What makes a good Adventure," "What makes a bad adventure," etc..
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

m0ds

Gravity - and just because it's gone in the archive doesn't mean it's useless either.

Sounds like a good idea, Scuthbert. You'll have to ask Chris about it or point him to this thread. The archive shouldn't be locked either, just in case someone has something to add to one of those interesting/useful threads.

Pumaman

This sounds like a pretty good idea. It could be called "Popular Threads" or something, and the common threads such as "What's the best adventure game", the mittens thread and so on could be moved there so that you don't have to dig through pages of forum to find them.

I'll get it set up in due course.

LGM

All hail Pumaman and his fast powers of greatness!
You. Me. Denny's.

Pumaman

Quote from: [lgm] on Mon 03/05/2004 22:03:02
All hail Pumaman and his fast powers of greatness!

*cough*

Yes, sorry it's taken me so long, but the Popular Threads forum is now created.

I've moved some of the most popular threads there. If there's any other threads I've missed, do reply here and say so. Bear in mind though, we don't want too many threads there so that people do actually look through the list before posting.

prowler not logged..

i went to the popular threads forum and it's not what i expected, considering the topic and the original intention, i think, which was about more useful stuff, not necessarily popular chit-chat threads like the haiku... not that there's anything wrong with that :)

to quote the original post:
Quote from: Scuthbert on Sun 25/04/2004 18:31:22

Threads that would be moved there would be stuff like if somebody asked about Tips on Character Design or Voice Recording and it got some usefull responses.

Phemar

Yes, neither me...I think there should have been more topics. It should be locked to start new topics, but free to reply...

Pumaman

The way I view it is as an easy way to find popular threads. For example, the "best adventure game" topic is one that people bring up regularly, so having it in that forum makes it easy to locate. Likewise, the Mittens thread is quite important at the moment so it makes sense to have it somewhere where people can easily find it.

QuoteYes, neither me...I think there should have been more topics. It should be locked to start new topics, but free to reply...

As I said, if there's any threads I've missed, do reply here and say so. Feel free to point out any specific threads that you think should be there, and I may well move them.

Lazy Z

Well, as Ginny suggested, moving the GTD threads to that board would be a good idea, even if they're not quite as popular are some other threads, at least as far as posts are concerned. They deal with some interesting issues, and they could be helpful for everyone who wants to make a game.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

Pumaman

Good idea - and a mystery mod has already moved them there. Good work, whoever you were! :)

AGA

It was me, but Layabout asked me to...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk