The Artifact - demo

Started by j-Hed, Mon 26/04/2004 14:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

j-Hed

Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Hello everyone! We are now presenting to you the Artifact, with a playable demo.

Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Some parts of this game are not fully developed but will be upgraded further on.

Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 

Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Features:Ã,  Ã, 

Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Resolution: 800x600 32-bit color
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Notebook (freesolving function)
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Speech
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Pre-rendered cell-shaded characters

download here:Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  the Artifact - demo (size 27mb)

oscar

it looks very professional...great! :)

DanClarke

wow, looks good, keep it up  8)

j-Hed

Thanks a lot! :D

I don't want to tell you about the story too much 'cause the Demo will be downloadable soon.
It is going to be a full-lengh game but I don't know if I'm going to chop it up in episodes every month (will probably be every 2nd) or finish it and put it on the net only then?

What do you think?

FantomeLeCheikh

Good... :)
Your style is similar to the game: "The Last Express"  ;)

DCillusion

Be careful when chopping the chapters.  Sometimes people lose the arc of the plot when they take a month long break from the story.

I would say that if you're worried about download speeds, split the game into 2 - 3 chapters and release them all at once.

piraatlife4me

Hey, I like your art, looks cool kinda reminds me of illustrations in a childrens book. BTW what's the title going to be?
Good luck   ;D

Daniel
Winebarger

Dan2552

personally i dont like the hat.  ::) but dont listen to me (REALLY DONT)

the graphics are great! i wish i could draw that well  :P good luck with your 1st adventure game

Chicky

i like the hat, infact the graphics are amazing. Did you rip them from another game?  :P

-OSC

j-Hed

Thank you a lot!

Im going to call the project...

The Artifact
(for now)

"Did you rip them from another game?"   -Heh, I take that as a compliment ;), no I made everything myself.

It should be in the 1950s that's why I choose the hat... and because it looks corny.

The game will be about a photographer who gets a mission involving an artifact, the demo will take place on a ship (as seen in the first screenshot).

If you could come up with any better name for the game or just have some critics on it, feel free to ask/reply.

Opo Terser

Best graphics I've seen in a long time from anyone here.

Sorry, just resized too show them better, really nice, do you scan in drawings then color?

Autofire

This really looks classy! I like the effect of that branch out of focus appearing to be near the "camera". To set your games in the 50s is a good idea. It makes me expect a kind of concervative, elegant style. Elegant; your drawing style sure is.

j-Hed

Hello Opo and Autofire!

Gee Im really glad you liked the pics and even resized them :D.
I draw the backgrounds with a pencil on a white paper(-towel :P) then I scan it and color it in Photoshop.

BTW the branch in the forest pic I made before "Alpha blending,PNG's" was  implemented, instead I made the blur by three stages of "SetObjectTransparency" but now I realize it was totally unecissary ::).

Snake

Hey, you're graphics are awesome! You've got great talent, man :)

I got one request though... Please edit your first post with a little something telling about the story and put the title of the game in the subject line of this thread ;)

Keep up the great work :)

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

GarageGothic

Hmm, are you using Poser with a cartoon render for the characters? There's something very familiar about that walking style, and the draping of the clothes.

The graphics look wonderful. Reminds me of Broken Sword. I was doing the same thing as you, with the out-of-focus foreground objects, and I had to re-import it again when we got alpha-blending, and I could do them as sprites.

Good luck with your project. Looking forward to hear more of the story.

j-Hed

Hi GarageGothic!

Yeah you are absolutely right.
I use a poser-like program for the characters mainly because I don't have the time drawing all the frames myself. Since it's only me and my brother (who is making his own game right now) making the game it's kind of an easier way to model them the way we want.

Funny to hear it reminds you of "broken sword", that is my favourite adventuregame. :)

GarageGothic

What's the name of the program you're using? Poser is the only complete character creation/animation package I'm familiar with.

I'm using Poser 5 - for the exact same reason as you - for the characters in my game Shadowplay (you can see some screenshots in the December 2003 issue of The Inventory: http://www.justadventure.com/TheInventory/inv11.zip).

j-Hed

Sorry I haven't finished the demo yet, a few problems came up(as usual) but I try as hard as I can to deal with them.

I guess it will be available for downloading next week or so... :-\

j-Hed

Hi!

Sorry for not keeping you updated (been attending to a school, but now I AM FREE!).
I was wondering if anyone like to beta-test the game?
I only have some animations and scripting before the demo will be released and would be glad if someone can find some bugs or other obstacles.

Well here's my e-mail: jonas@xtreem.nu, and on MSN I'm: anton_foy@hotmail.com

Thanks!

YOke

I would LOVE to beta test it! I'll add you to MSN as soon as I get off work! ;)

Edit: ok... i got drunk after work yesterday, and now I'm at work again. :P
Will contact you tonight! ;)

Enlightenment is not something you earn, it's something you pay for the rest of your life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk