My AGS Tutorials EDIT: Now with pg 1 !

Started by .., Thu 29/04/2004 18:36:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, I've decided to make some tutorials and articles about AGS.

I was gonna put them on the web but I don't have anywhere to host them. So if anybody would be kind enough to host it I'd be pleased :D (I need PHP)

Here is the contents page for the articles, I've drafted most of them already.

Is there anything you think I should add or have missed out?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

OOohhh, I'd LOVE to host it in my resources page! Freewebs is pretty s****y, though...

...hey, weren't you the one who actually offered to host MY page? Now YOU're asking for a host?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Ginny

That looks like an awesome guide, Scuthbert (I kept pressing Tab while writing your name :D)! I'd love to read your theories. I don't have a site yet, but I can reccomend some hosting places. Otherwise, I could upload it, but only after the weekend, as I'm away. Check the "Places to upload a demo" thread in games in production forum. :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

shbaz

I think the order should be changed. Working as a team should be evaluated before art and plot which pretty much are development. Deciding whether it is going to be commercial or free should be waaay up on the list as well.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Okersly

Quote...hey, weren't you the one who actually offered to host MY page? Now YOU're asking for a host?
He he.. yes... I was loking for hosting now though you see, cos my sites changing servers so its all hectic. :!

Kk... will change order... Shbazjinkins (did i spell that right.. I didn't look .. honest :D)

Anywayz heres the first page if anyone wants to see it...

:!

I prob should have written more, or thought of some more original theories.. ah well...

What do you think?

LordHart

I can host it if you'd like... just send the files to my email (you should have it, if not lordhart@tdrdesign.net) in a zip file, and I'll put them up and post the link back here. Are they just images or are these just screenshots or something?

edit: Oh, and it'd look better and easier to read if the text is aligned to the left instead of in the middle. The index kinda thing from your first post can stay in the middle though...

Andail

Just a thing...people usually demand merits when putting their trust in things like this. I don't know your AGS-history, but unless you have a huge amount of experience in all the fields you bring up, you actually have nothing to back it up with, just assumptions and common sense, right?

I don't want to sound discouraging; I'm sure it can help a lot of people just by being inspirational and brainstorming.

But a friend of scientific methodology would be curious about your research and studies on the subject....you speak of the "right way to build a team", but how would you know that? You haven't even made a game yet...
Sorry if I'm being harsh on you, but you have a certain responsibility towards your future readers

Blast Andail you slaughter me again. Thanks for all the advice.. Haven't publicly released a game yet.. I have most of these in drafts but a few (including right way to build a team) I'll add as I completed my latest game :) I'm building a team at the mo and its looking succesfull.. I hope ^_^

Well my experience in making games is limited but my theories on it is not... Some things I will borrow from around the forums and give credit, helpful advice etc.

:) Hope to bring pg 2 soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk