another small suggestion by me

Started by Dan2552, Fri 30/04/2004 22:26:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan2552

::) yeah i know i must be getting boring just popping up in these forums mostly to suggest something.  ::)

Would it be possible for a zoom-out in the room editor area, so you can make sure you have all the walkable areas all done in a big map.

::)once again.. sorry if this has already been suggested ::)

I don't think zoom out has been suggested before.. I think zoom in has.. Sounds good.

Ishmael

On one hand, sounds useful, but the other end of the candle is, as zooming out skips pixels, small areas could disapper from the zoomed-out picture... and it would anyways lower the detail level, so how do you know if the areas are correct shaped/sized, for big rooms specially.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Dan2552

i'm sure that shouldn't matter too much, should it?   ???

Haddas

I use masks (, or try to). Can't get them to be the correct colour. It would be so much easier... *sigh*

Ashen

Slightly off topic, but....

Haddas, when you import a mask, it only uses pallette slots 0-15, right, and changes the colours used to match AGS hotspot colours? So if you create a mask as a 16 colour image, use the pallette slots in the right order, (0 for hotspot 0, 1 for hotspot 1, etc.) then just save it as 256, that should work, shouldn't it?

Edit to stay on topic:
I can really only see this being useful for really big rooms, in which case - like TK said - smaller areas might get lost in the zoom.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Pumaman

I think a better solution here would be an "Export Mask" feature, so that then you could use your paint package to check that you've covered all the areas, and more.

Dan2552

good idea.  :o nice new smileys.
also export the room picture (aswell as the copy picture to clipboard) would be nice, my paint and other drawing apps dont like me pasting large stuff  :-\

Elessar

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 02/05/2004 13:58:35
I think a better solution here would be an "Export Mask" feature, so that then you could use your paint package to check that you've covered all the areas, and more.
That would be great. One of my friends is having a hard time importing rooms (the background and walkable areas, hotspots, etc. don't show up), so an "Export Mask" button would be great for when you have to re-create rooms.

strazer

Please don't bump ancient threads like this.
This suggestion is already on the bug tracker and once the comment system is enabled again, you can add your support there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk