The hell is going on here?

Started by Nine Toes, Tue 04/05/2004 09:45:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Nine Toes

I don't mean to gripe about something so stupid and insignificant...

But someone's been messing with my posts and profile.

Yes, it's stupid to even care... but someone's been going through my stuff and making minute changes.  Little things that you wouldn't notice unless you look really close.

With acronyms they change things... like "I" becomes "eye",  "T" becomes "tee"...

Take this for example, I was looking through my old threads, and I spotted this...

"On another note:  I don't understand why the you.S. is the last country on the planet to use FPS...  "

The you.S.?  Look at my sig, too...  I didn't write "south of heaven... are.I.P."

Look, who ever you are... you think you're being cute?  Fuckin knock it off...  I don't like people messing with my shit.

I don't know who would do something like this... (obviously they know it's going to irritate me).  I know I've been acting like a jerk lately, but that doesn't warrant someone messing with me.

I've narrowed it down to three possibilities....
1.  a hacker, a pimply-faced nerd with Buddy Holly glasses and no girlfriend who sits in his basement pissing off people on the internet to make himself feel better.
2. a moderator, I don't know why any moderator on here would feel the need to try and make me look stupid... that and the only person I've pissed off around here lately is Mr. Colossal... I really don't think Eric would waste his time doing something so pointless.
3.  My ex-girlfriend... she knows I hate her... and she knows all of my passwords... she could easily go in and alter things as she pleases... but why would she?  She's probably too busy screwing her other ex-boyfriend...

Any thoughts?
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Nacho

Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Nine Toes

I'm one step ahead of you, dude.

Wasn't  Demorgon griping about something similar a little while back?
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Haddas

yesh. If it STILL continues, then It's GOT to be 1 or 2

Gilbert

Hmmm if it's been done by a seen moderator, or someone hacking in your account, you'll normally see the line "last edited by blah bla bla" so it's quite strange.

Or maybe it's just the forum changing those TXT-style spelling (don't know if the line "This posted is corrected..." is added to the new forum yet, though).

But probably it's just posted by a sleepy/drunk/joking poster I think!

Peter Thomas

I remember seeing what Hyde is talking about. I read his u.s.a thread and it was most definitely u.s.a, not you.s.a.

I doubt it's your ex, because if she hated you so much, she'd do something REALLY mean, like post your naked baby photos or something, not just change the spelling of r.i.p
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

Peter Thomas

THAT'S IT!! NO ONE'S HACKING!! IT'S THE SILLY BOARD!

try posting the word (letter after 't').s.a, or (letter after 'q').i.p

relax, hyde. You are safe.... it's this dumb txt-style garbage...

oops. double post. oh well - at least it gives you a chance to see what I mean...

Gilbert

No, peter, look at Sully post, the forum didn't say it's editted, so it can best explained with the work of a spirit!

veryweirdguy

u.s.a.

No, he's right - I tried (letter after 't').s.a. here & it doesn't say "post edited ro remove etc etc"

So that's the problem.

veryweirdguy

EDIT - Crap. It does say that. Never mind then.

EDIT2 - Sorry, clicked reply instead of modify.

Gilbert

Hope that Nigel Manning Smith didn't strike back...

veryweirdguy

Yeah, that guy's a real bastard....

Peter Thomas

I.....am lost....

But I shall nod in agreement with whatever Gilbot said. Whatever it was...

Esseb

Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Tue 04/05/2004 10:24:53
No, peter, look at Sully post, the forum didn't say it's editted, so it can best explained with the work of a spirit!

That's because he wrote what it was changed into "you.S" rather than what it was before it got changed.

Mr. Hyde: It's just the txt filter being stupid, make a note about it in the "Forum Upgrade" thread.

LGM

I can understand the txt-style garbage.. But why do my posts keep dissapearing?
You. Me. Denny's.

shbaz

Quote from: LilGryphMaster on Tue 04/05/2004 14:57:03
I can understand the txt-style garbage.. But why do my posts keep dissapearing?

I haven't seen you ask that in the forum change thread..
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

Raggit

I've had the same problem with that you.S. stuff.Ã,  Let me try it right here:

you.S.Ã,  Ã, 

--edit--
Yep.Ã,  There it is.Ã,  Why does that happen??Ã, 

--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

DGMacphee

There's a simple way to fix this:

US

ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

SSH

Quote from: DGMacphee on Tue 04/05/2004 16:02:43
There's a simple way to fix this:

US

That's your trouble, DG, you're always "us, us, us"  :)

Gfunkera

Yea, but Demorgon is crazy he's full of shit and insane! Remember?

Oh, my password misteriousley changes everytime I log on, I have a mail sent ot my email to cange it.

Lockey, Lockey  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk