what... mad

Started by 333, Tue 04/05/2004 22:25:26

Previous topic - Next topic

DGMacphee

Quote from: MrColossal on Wed 05/05/2004 03:05:43
heh ashen, my friend made up a game where if you're the first one in the line of stopped cars then stop a few feet before you're originally stop and then after a few seconds creep up a foot and then count the cars that follow you, the more cars that follow the more points you get

Jinkies! I play this too!

As for the POWs... well... I've said all I've had to in previous posts so you can kinda guess my opinion.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Kweepa

That driving game sounds great! It would be even more fun outside of the US, where automatic cars are rare...
I'm looking forward to getting a car again!
Thanks Eric.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Andail

Demorgon, I don't know if speaking to you is worth the hassle...
I see you have gone back and edited most of your controversial posts...is that so you can blame somebody else, some moderator perhaps, for changing your posts to the worse, just like you did last time?

And whoever came rushing to Bush's aid as soon as he heard an argument coming up....I wasn't Bush-bashing, I didn't even include the name Bush in my post, I just said it pissed me off to hear that soldiers took advantage of and humiliated prisoners of war.

I can't understand how anybody can feel an urge to defend this.

And Farlander, I hope you realise that that comic can be applied to all nations and peoples in the world? That kind of humour is only funny if the maker can be a big man enough to aim it at his own nation and people. Not at somebody else.

Nacho

Mmmm... I don't think that the authors were pretending to be funny... they problably are so pissed as I am than the americans deaths are "cool" and the tortures of the Iraquis are an atrocity.

I am not saying that you are one of those who consider the deaths of the americans "cool" (I don't think there are such bastards here), but there are people who does, and giggles when the towers of the WTC fall and americans are killed... This comic strip is for them.

Seeing the corpses of the americans contractors ambushed and mutilated made me mad... the photos of the Iraqui's POWs being abused made me mad... There are a lot of things that mede me mad, but focusing just in what "the yankies" do is, IMO, very hypocrital.

And just to make it clear, I personally know you, Petter, and I know that you're that kind of sensible and sensitive person who is pissed by all that disgusting things, the "hypocrital" adjective would never be meant to be aimed to you or any other of the AGSers.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Babar

sadly, alot of things are getting me mad at the moment. I am mad at my telephone line, that barely gets me 19kbs right now, and disconnects every 2 minutes...woop..there it goes again. I am mad at sleazy telephone repairmen who swear they will do whatever they can to fix my line, then go and share it with some other customer. I am mad at my college which is delaying my studies as the teachers never come. I am mad at people who try attacking the wrong by advocating with other wrong. I am mad at voilence and oppression in ANY form
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Squinky

I don't know if anybody here has really ever met a marine, but if you did you'd see why Demorgon is acting that way. I know a couple and there probably the most stupid, brainwashed people ever. Theres more than one reason why there called jarheads....

I've got some other buds who were in the military aqnd served in Iraq recently. What bothers me is that they refer to the Iraqi's like they were dogs. I didn't even let them finish there stories....

I guess I can understand where there coming from though, if you have to kill people it's probably easier if you make yourself hate them...But I just don't want to think about it...

LGM

I personally think this war is kinda pointless. The way I see it, the world is a sandbox, and us Americans are the big bully that comes and knocks over everyone elses sand castles or fills in their sand valleys..

Granted, we went to Iraq with good intentions.. at least partly. Saddam was a very bad "evil" man, and with time he *could have* done something terrible against the world, or select nations. But as I see it, we (Americans) were poking our nose where it didn't belong. Personally I think Bush still had some raw feelings against Saddam from Desert Storm and all that junk.

And the media is what really pisses me off. Have you ever watched Fox News? It's a joke! They are so biased, they'll report on anything on the war or economy and slant it so it somehow benefits John Kerry's campain.. Damn Democrats.

I dunno.. I'm not the most informed on this subject.. But I need to learn more as I go to Germany. It's a big deal over there because all the injured American soldiers are sent to a medical base near where I am staying in Germany..
You. Me. Denny's.

DGMacphee

QuoteAnd the media is what really pisses me off. Have you ever watched Fox News? It's a joke! They are so biased, they'll report on anything on the war or economy and slant it so it somehow benefits John Kerry's campain.. Damn Democrats.

Rupert Murdoch has stated very openly that he supports Bush's campaign.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

SSH

It makes me mad that...

America can do what it blimmin well likes and there's nothing the rest of us can do to stop them

That most of the UK press takes any European issue and uses it to stir up anti-French and German xenophobia

That people who are wrong in an argument use techniques to divert the debate away from the issue

That the UK government is going to waste a pile of MY money on ID cards

That our local council recnetly sent workmen to put up two signs next to a broken mini-bridge on a footpath (one plank is missing) to say that the bridge is dangerous and shouldn't be used, wen you can easily step over the gap and te long way around adds about 10 minutes walking and it probably took longer for the signs to be put up than it would have taken to fix the bridge.

Gfunkera

Quote from: SSH on Wed 05/05/2004 16:32:35
America can do what it blimmin well likes and there's nothing the rest of us can do to stop them
That makes me happy  :-*

When you others get the technology to stop us then bring it! But it will never happen we could turn everycountry into a @#$@ litter box if we wanted to.

Nacho

America can do what it blimmin well likes and there's nothing the rest of us can do to stop them.

It's not just America who does what it blimming likes... Let's remember that this week has been revealed that the "praised" François Mitterand, former French PM, ordered the death of more than 15,000 argelian prisoners during the independence war of Argelia.

Someone said a little time ago that he hated in the same way racism than positive racism, and meny of us agreed... It isn't time to do a simillar reflexion and hate any form of violence or abbuse, without differenciating where does it come from?

Understand me... Many Iraquis have been killed, many Viets, many Afghans, it's really a crap, very sad... But I am a weird human being for feeling also sad for 3,000 americans killed in 11-S, 180 aussies in Bali, 100 in Moscow, 70 Jews in Istambul, 200 in Manila, 180 in Madrid?

Why sepparate the deaths? Is the life Jewish pregnant mother killed with their 4 children less valuable than the life of a 5 Palestines? I think not, and I think that no other human being with feelings can differenciate the cost of lifes deppending on the passport of the victim, nor the killer.

So, why instead of "I am pissed because America can do everything it likes and we can't stop them" we say "I am pissed for any form of abbuse of power"?

Why instead of "I am pissed of what America did in Iraq and Vietnam" we say "I am pissed of wars, it pissed me off what the americans did in Vietnam, what the French did in Indochina, what they did in Côte D'Ivory and with Pol Pot did in Cambodja... I am pissed of the holocaust the Spanish did in South America and with what the English first, and americans after, did with the original native americans"?

I don't know... I am starting to feel weird for feeling guilty for all the bad things that are going on, not just for the things that can be blamed to the Yankees...

Raggit

I hope this doesn't become a full fledged flame war. 
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

remixor

Farlander is right on.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Nacho

Quote from: Demorgon on Wed 05/05/2004 17:35:13
That makes me happyÃ,  :-*

When you others get the technology to stop us then bring it! But it will never happen we could turn everycountry into a @#$@ litter box if we wanted to.

I think that the antiamericanism feeling that is spreading all over the world is because of people like you...

If all the americans were like you I would understand long queues of people waiting for joining Al-Quaeda... Fortunately the americans are like all the rest of the world... A vast majority of lovely people, and some morons...

EDIT: I could edit the previous post to attend the most elemental laws of anti flame-wars, but saying that any democratic attempt made by any country to be better than America (You refered to tecnological upgrades) will definitelly end in that country being nuked by the Americans is moron, sorry...

Haddas

Once upon a time I wanted to live in the usa. Now I don't even want to visit that place. I grew up I guess...

But hey. I updated my profile. Let stupidity bring us all together. Stop fighting! Make games!

Make games, not war!
Make games, not war!
Make games, not war!
Make games, not war!
Make games, not war!

Nacho

What is it gooood foooor? absolutely nooooothing!!!  ;D

Gfunkera

Dude people like me? Kiss My Ass, would you like me to spell it again?

K I S S  M Y  A S S

Can you read that! And as far as I'm concerned all Americans should stand behind what there country is doing no matter what it is, if not throw them in jail and try them for treason!

Raggit

Quote from: Demorgon on Wed 05/05/2004 18:01:46
And as far as I'm concerned all Americans should stand behind what there country is doing no matter what it is, if not throw them in jail and try them for treason!

Even if what the U.S. is doing is unconstitutional?  Remember what it says in the Bill of Rights about no cruel and unusual punishment?
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Andail

Well, Farl, by practical reasons I can't include everything that upsets me each time I rant on something.

Sure, the french did some nasty stuff in indochina, and yeah, the spanish inquisitors were also real bastards.

But the coalition forces did these nasty things like last week, so that's why it feels pretty justified to waste an extra post on bringing up only that.

Gfunkera

I'm not saying what they did was right, but man how many of you have fought in war? These people realy hate them they've been fighting with em' for months when they get there hands on one they want to strangle the ##$#@  but think about it, I bet other countries that are over there are pulling the same shit it just hasnt got into the press yet or never will.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk