what... mad

Started by 333, Tue 04/05/2004 22:25:26

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

Well, its all very nice and fluffy to say "I hate all forms of abuse of power", etc. but tat gets to vague and general and unspecific to really have any feeling about. While, specific things like killing Kyoto, invading Iraq, supporting Sharon, etc. are quite easy to get angry about.

As for RichAshton/DeMorgan/EricPersecutionComplexMan... anything USA does is fine... well, would you still hold that view if your country decided that swearing on the internet was banned? because they certainly are suppressing free speech in Iraq.

And i seem to remember kids at school used to use the excuse "but Johnny was doing it too, Miss!".

btw, my h key seems to only work when hit quite hard... new keyboard time...!

Gfunkera

Um, I think you forget one important thing about the US, maybe if ya' check the constitution you'd know that.  ::)

SSH

Quote from: Demorgon on Wed 05/05/2004 18:15:31
Um, I think you forget one important thing about the US, maybe if ya' check the constitution you'd know that.  ::)
One simple question: if everybody who opposes what the country is doing is tried for treason, as you suggested, then who is going to take the case to the supreme court to try and prove it as unconstitutional?

Gfunkera

I'm now confused I'm not quit sure were your going with this, now I better log of before I have brain malfunction :-\

Andail

yeah. cause that would be such a loss

seriously dude, your posts are not even controviersial anymore, they're just silly

SSH

Quote from: Demorgon on Wed 05/05/2004 18:25:14
I'm now confused

At last, he begins to see the truth!

Barcik

It makes me mad when people put morals and ethics before common sense.

All the other things which angry me pretty much fit this statement, but I'll still note some.

It makes me mad when the public opinion about economy consists of the 'Robin Hood myth' (all rich people are evil, all poor people are victims).
It makes me mad when people look at a rare phenomenon instead of a common practice.
It makes me mad when people think with their hearts instead of their mind (a sin I have commited oh so too often).
It makes me mad when people in positions of power who were chosen in a democratic manner are handicapped by ones who weren't.
It makes me mad when human-rights activists stick their noses to where they don't belong.
It makes me mad when the whole press is biased one-way.

And some lighter ones:
It makes me mad when people regard football as a 'silly' sport.
It makes me mad when people who are in my car tell me what music to turn on. Bring CD-Players, I ain't putting that shit on!
It makes me mad when people I hardly know ask for incosiderate favours (such as, "Drive me here and there, would you?" Fuck off!)
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Gfunkera

edited by eric, there is absolutely no need for that Demorgon...

I SAID I WOULD KICK ANDAILS ASS IF I KNEW HIM!!! - edited by Demorgon

To Raggit below...

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.overview.html

Raggit

Quote from: Demorgon on Wed 05/05/2004 18:15:31
Um, I think you forget one important thing about the US, maybe if ya' check the constitution you'd know that.Ã,  ::)

What do you mean????
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

veryweirdguy

Let's pause for a moment here guys.

Look at the first post in this thread.

Look at the intelligent discussion that followed.

Funny how things turn out........

Raggit

Demorgon:

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
____
Notice the last part. 
____
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Gfunkera

I never said it wasnt there? When did I say that wasnt there? Never! I fully aware of my Constitution, but what I'm saying is everyone thinks its so wrong but I can gurantee, that the Brits, & other countries that are over are beating the prisoner behind closed doors too! Just because some damn reporter got pics of Americans doing it oh gosh!  I'm positive there not the only ones!

EDIT

As for the first amendment I posted it was in reply to this

QuoteAs for RichAshton/DeMorgan/EricPersecutionComplexMan... anything USA does is fine... well, would you still hold that view if your country decided that swearing on the internet was banned? because they certainly are suppressing free speech in Iraq.

Raggit

Oh, I see.  Sorry about that mixup.  Howabout we just call this thing quits? 
  :)
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Damien

Quotethe Brits, & other countries that are over are beating the prisoner behind closed doors too! Just because some damn reporter got pics of Americans doing it oh gosh!Ã,  I'm positive there not the only ones!
That doesn't justify them.

Gfunkera

But its all right for andail to talk shit to me, you all can kiss my ass! Even you eric you actually use to be cool! Now your just one of CJ's mindless zombies!! And I'll still kick his ass if I ever see him! lol  :P Tho your right I need to cool it, plus this isn't what the post started as.

MrColossal

Demorgon, you're acting like an idiot. I don't see Andail swearing constantly and threatening to kick people's asses.

He called your posts silly and you respond with swearing and threats.

You read like you're 6 years old...

Grow up a little and get the hell off the forums to cool down.

And wow, I could really give a crap if you think I'm cool or not because you really are not acting like anyone who's opinion I'd care about in the slightest.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk