Frank the Farmhand Part 2 - RELEASED!!!!

Started by fovmester, Wed 05/05/2004 14:35:40

Previous topic - Next topic

PiXi5

This game seems to be real good I just loooves to play it. The screenshots lokks really hopeful for a good game with good graphics.

fovmester

Quote from: OSC on Thu 10/06/2004 11:37:17
can we see some new characters? maybe a revived main character?

You'll see a lot of new characters in FtFh2. And of course some characters from Part 1 will follow into this one as well. Frank, Ben, the Professor, Sam and Max.

prowler

i don't know if it has been discussed already, and it's probably too late for you to do anything about it, but what really bugged me in the first game (and probably will in the 2nd, too) are that the agents are named sam n max. not to mention they are the exact opposite of the dynamic duo we all know and love.  bland (stupid actually)/evil/not funny (to me at least) vs interesting/good/funny

i know it's your game, but i found your obvious ripof....oops tribute - out of place to say the least...

sorry for nitpicking, and btw the screenshots look great ... except for the mi clouds maybe? :P

fovmester

Ok. That was a big diss. But hey it's your opinion!

Yes, of course the names Sam & Max's a ripoff. But as you said it's only the names that's the same. I just thought it was funny that they had the same names as our friends the dog and rabbit, and hopefully someone else did as well. Obviously you didn't though.

PS. Does everybody hate the MI-clouds?  :'(

prowler

exactly, our _friends_ the dog and rabbit. the fact is i didn't like the agents, and that's why i don't think the names fit at all.

i don't hate the clouds, but they look kinda out of place in otherwise original artwork...

oh and about the agents... could you at least not start all their lines with "Sam, blabla..." "yeah Max, blabla..."  :)

sorry for the critique, i just had to let this out... btw, my future game is gonna be full of ripoffs, i'm just hoping noone will notice :P

Queen Kara

I love the swirly cloud.
I don't see how it's "out of place" with the rest of the artwork...( unless maybe everyones thinking something like "Hey , I've seen Anime-related artwork with swirly clouds...and...this is an American style game...Wha?! Must complain!" )
*shrugs and laughs*
================
Oh , I just checked
the review site and
it reviewed Escape From Monkey Island
too...that's the one I have...not the curse of MI or whatever.
But they both have swirly clouds. o.O
Still surprised at myself that I wouldn't remember something like that....I love swirly clouds.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

MrColossal

I didn't even notice the names were Sam and Max, well I noticed their names but I didn't equate them to Sam and Max the cartoon dog and bunny

and kara it's not like that, the clouds are inspired from a game called Curse of Monkey Island and to me way to many people take those clouds and put them into their own games

http://www.sunstorm.com/ceo/reviews/mk-12a.gif in case you've never played CMI

Buy either way, if it's too late it's too late FOV, just letting you know
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

fovmester

This is one of the new backgrounds for part 2!

What do y'all think?

I've been on vacation the last week. it was nice!
But now I'm back working on the game. Up to this point I've done

7 room backgrounds (of 17)
3 new characters (of 9)
a lot dialog and puzzles
and some of the introduction.

Mats Berglinn

rtf

Wow, those graphics are really nice.

Let is know when you need beta testers.  :)
I fail at art.

fovmester

I will let you know. The last part was quite buggy when released so I definately need help with bugtesting!

sunshinegold

Quote from: fovmester on Wed 05/05/2004 14:35:40
(040803): the new screenshot is in a reply to this subject)

Thanks to the people who've played and enjoyed Frank the Farmhand part 1!

In Part 2:

The story's 100% done and so's the puzzles.
I work towards a release at the end of the summer.

It'll consist of 17 playable rooms (and some cutscene-rooms of course) and about 8
new characters (not counting the ones from part 1, eg. Frank, the professor,
Sam n Max and Ben which will also be in this part.)

I've completed five rooms so far. Here's the backgroundart for two of them:

Further down's some more screenshots.

Visit the homepage:
http://www.freewebs.com/fovmester

I really enjoyed Part 1 so I am looking forward to playing Part 2.

Good work :)Ã, 

DanClarke

hey nice work, your BGs are getting better everytime. May i just tell you that it's (040804) though, welcome to 2004  ;)

CoffeeBob

Holy shit! :o
Those backgrounds are incredible!
I wish you were free (of work) to make the bg's for Sunrise Manor ;)

fovmester

Quote from: DanClarke on Thu 12/08/2004 09:32:47
hey nice work, your BGs are getting better everytime. May i just tell you that it's (040804) though, welcome to 2004  ;)

Actually we write dates YYMMDD in Sweden. So I was infact writing "the third of August 2004". And thanks for saying that the BGs get better! Coming from you that means a lot considering how good your own BGs look!

I've edited all of the backgrounds I made with black outlines. Hope y'all think they look better now. I certainly do!

As a thanks (or something) for all you peoples support, here's a new screenshot from the latest room I finished:

fovmester

Another ingame screenshot. You might say I'm spoiling you ;D

Update on progress:

9 rooms made (of 17)
6 new characters made (of 10)
I've done a lot of puzzlescripting and animation.
And some new songs and a lot of soundseffects!

Next I will continue with the tenth room as well as scripting another puzzle!

Mats Berglinn

Oh this is really tempting me. Please fovmester, hurry up with finishing it so I can play it.

fovmester

I've been on a second vacation (this time to Crete). But now that I'm back I'll continue working on the game again.

Progress:

10 rooms made (of 17)
6 new characters made (of 10)

Some new soundeffects have been added and some inventorygraphics.

ghostface

hey fov, i must say that i really like the gui appearance...are you gonna stick with it or change it...I like it ...any others?Ã,  Ã,  ;)
And awaiting this one as always.
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

fovmester

Thanks. I'm gonna keep the GUI. Part 2 isn't really a sequel but more a continuation of part 1 (like the parts in Monkey Island) so I want them both to look somewhat the same. While I've done a lot of changes in style on the backgrounds I've decided to make all characters in the same style as in part 2 as well as the GUI. BUT...I've made my own save/restore GUI for part 2 and I'm thinking about putting it in an updated version of part 1 as well for consistency.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk