Naga Tsumtao in Cloud World

Started by Dash, Sat 08/05/2004 06:19:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash

Hello everybody! I'm new to these forums but not really to anything related to multimedia. A few days ago, I decided I'd have a go with AGS and started my first game : Naga Tsumtao in Cloud World

You play the role of Naga Tsumtao, an amateur japanese writer. Naga writes fiction, but this time, she got tricked into her own world. In "Cloud World", you experience a world of fantasy: each room is different and has its own purpose, without really having any connection whatsoever with the rest of the game. During the whole game, every room is blended in, as if there were bits and pieces all glued up together to create the "Cloud World".

You start as Naga Tsumtao, who is in her PJ's. She woke up in her dream world, Cloud World. The First task she has to accomplish is to get out of the place she landed in. The first character she meets is Kin Tin, a totally different character that will help Naga during her whole voyage with the Cloud World language and some riddles. The whole point of the story comes very quickly: when Naga falls on the Cloud World's Cloud Crossings, she figures out that the only way back to reality is by jumping off the Cloud World. Unfortunately, the only way out is wayyy up. She will have to accomplish various puzzles to gain items which will make her create her own flying, or landing machine.

Technical Aspects:
This is a very massive game, it's high on graphics and the animations are pretty high-quality (Naga's walking animation contains 16 frames, and every other character has 8 frames)
- The game is in 640x480, best played in Windowed Mode (Full screen is as good though)
- There are over 30 "rooms" planned
- There are over 10 different characters, excluding Naga Tsumtao
- There are about 15 puzzles and riddles in all, each taking approx. 5 to 10 minutes to accomplish
- Estimated "Finishing" Time (if you play it all in 1 day non-stop): ~3 hours

Here are some screenshots...
I'm WIDELY open to ANY suggestions. All graphics are subject to tons and tons of modifications!

Enjoy :)

DanClarke

wow looks interesting, i like the graphics, theyre very stylised and 90's retro. Interesting idea too, keep it u :)

Dash

I'm still wondering if I should make it pixelized like King's Quest 6, Indiana Jones Series and all the other games... I find it quite hard to make a nice room and everything, especially because I will re-do all these rooms in 3D and making nice quality renders makes it quite hard (all these rooms were made only in photoshop in a few minutes)

Phemar

Lazy Z

I have one word to say about the concept of your game: Wow. Seriously, I love it! Mainly because you're trying to do something different than the same old, and that's great!

I'm not the one to comment on graphics, so I'll just say that those screens you posted look really good.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the mome raths outgrabe.'

Top-5 Games

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk