Character creation help!

Started by , Tue 11/05/2004 14:19:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Blane

I don't know how to create my own character and use it in a game--Roger is driving me mad!!!

Ishmael

What's wrong with roger? How can Roger be driving anyone nuts??

Anyway, you'll just need to draw the character animations frame by frame, then import them as sprites, assing these sprites into views, and assign views to characters...

To create new chracters into your game AGS, click the "New Character" button in the "characters" section of AGS.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Blane

Whenever I try to import a character, it says it has to be in an AGS format in the dialoge box

Scummbuddy

He didn't say to hit the ''import new character'' button. he said the ''new character'' button.

read this page: http://www.agsforums.com/acintro6.htm

well, basically read them all here at: http://www.agsforums.com/acintro.htm

and all the READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING pages, because this is answered there.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Ishmael

Quote from: Blane on Tue 11/05/2004 15:39:47
Whenever I try to import a character, it says it has to be in an AGS format in the dialoge box

well, I did tell you...

Quote from: TK on Tue 11/05/2004 14:45:19
you'll just need to draw the character animations frame by frame, then import them as sprites, assing these sprites into views, and assign views to characters...

So, assuming you have read the manual, as you should have, you should know how to import sprites and assign them to views...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

TerranRich

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk