WOLF COUNTRY (demo available)

Started by aussie, Tue 25/05/2004 09:22:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Abisso

Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Potch

HI.  Your game is great.  One bug I found is when you talk to the little boy through the door, the lady goes into the bathroom.  If you talk to the little boy again, she is all of a sudden talking again, and the bathroom door opens and closes.  It's kind of funny actually. :-)

AND... I'm stuck. 
Spoiler
I obviously need something sharp to open the bag of garlic, but I can't find anything.  Please help!!
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Nine Toes

Potch:
Spoiler
Look under the bed
[close]

Dude!Ã,  Bummer.Ã,  I was really looking forward to this game.Ã,  It had really nice graphics, and it was fun to play.

Well, we can't make you finish it... unless we threaten your life!  Now die!

Watch, I just killed this topic...

Potch

Thank you!  Totally missed that.

OH MAN... this ended WAY too soon.  I hope the author decides to take it off permanent hold and finish it.  It's way too cool.
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

splat44

Yes, that game is also great and it reminds of Gabriel Knight serie especially the one on werewolves.

So I far I have flower and as well the oil but I'm not sure what next.

Sztyopek

WOW !! COOL game!

The oil can and the stethoscope are kinda pixel hunting, I ask why the game default  in winsetup is 640x400, with such a pixelized graphics 320x200 should be fine.

I also would suggest aussie to adjust winsetup for the new game name, because it requires to rename the executable to MYST.exe.

I have read in the readme file about dll's, but I did not need to place them into my Windows system folder, it worked just fine from the game folder.

Great game, we definitely need the next chapters!

splat44

Hi,

I got the knife from under bed. However, I've read something about bag of garlic but I cannot seem to find it. Where is it exactly and what is being used for?

Barbarian

Hey, it looks great so far.Ã, 
It's one of the longer and better "intros" I've seen amoung AGS-made games.
Characters, story, art, animations, music and sound all set the mood nicely.
Great job.

A couple of things that "bugged" me thoughÃ,  :P
The "winsetup.exe" file that you include is NOT the correct one... when I try to run it, it gives error message of "...unable to launch MYST.exe..."

So, I took a chance anyways and ran the WOLF COUNTRY.exe , and it luckily ran fine on my system. Still, I would like to be able to configure the game's setup options myself.

Also, I did not see any obvious GUI or way to save/load/quit once playing the game, so I had to resort to using known/default keyboard command to do this. (f5, f7, Ctrl-Q).

Everytime a door was opened, I didn't think the "sound effect" quite matched properly, to me it sounded more like some lame "siren" or like someone blowing into a party-horn trinket...

*Edit: Tried replaying the game, there's no appearant way to skip to long opening cutscenes that I can find.
Also, upon trying to restore a game, I got "Unable to load" type errors and the game crashed.

Anyways, overall, I think you've done a fantastic job, and I'd surely enjoy to see more of this project completed.

Best regards.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

strazer

QuoteThe "winsetup.exe" file that you include is NOT the correct one... when I try to run it, it gives error message of "...unable to launch MYST.exe..."

All that the winsetup.exe does is calling the game exe with the parameter "--setup", so you can run the setup yourself by making a link to the exe with the added parameter or calling it from the command prompt.

Barbarian

Quote from: strazer on Mon 14/03/2005 12:30:17
All that the winsetup.exe does is calling the game exe with the parameter "--setup", so you can run the setup yourself by making a link to the exe with the added parameter or calling it from the command prompt.

Kool...
Got it figured out now.
So, I'm always learning something new from the forums, thanx.

So, from the "WolfCountry.exe", I made a "shortcut", then on that shortcut, I right clicked , selected "Properties" and added the " --setup" parameter on the end of the Target path, "OK"ed it, and it works fine now.. So, thanks again. Now I'll know what to do in future when this happens again.Ã,  :)
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Potch

You can also run the setup by just changing the name of the exe file to mYST.  That's what I did and everything worked just fine.  :)

splat44

Quote from: Potch on Wed 09/03/2005 21:40:11
HI.Ã,  Your game is great.Ã,  One bug I found is when you talk to the little boy through the door, the lady goes into the bathroom.Ã,  If you talk to the little boy again, she is all of a sudden talking again, and the bathroom door opens and closes.Ã,  It's kind of funny actually. :-)

AND... I'm stuck.Ã, 
Spoiler
I obviously need something sharp to open the bag of garlic, but I can't find anything.Ã,  Please help!!
[close]

Porch, I am trying in findind the bag of garlic, but it appear nowhere. Where is it exactly?

Potch

It's PoTch. :-)  and
Spoiler
Check in the kitchen.  There is a cabinet door that is stuck.
[close]

Cluey

Why quit making this game?

I played it, and it seems very nicely made, and clearly the people here are enjoying it!
Aramore
My webcomic.

splat44

Yes, I agree.

I too like to play with it and it is for shame that this project is being dropped.

Kinoko

This always seemed to me to be one of the most promising projects I'd ever seen here :\

aussie

Thanks a lot for all that.

Honestly, guys, if you keep posting positive feedback and PM-ing me about it, you're gonna make me feel like taking the project off permanent hold.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Potch

Aussie... I already said this, but I'm gonna say it again.  This game is REALLY cool, and I am dying to see how it ends!  So PLEEEEAAASSSEEEE start it up again! :-*

Darth Mandarb

Even though you've said this project is on permanent hold I'm not going to lock this topic.

I'm going to leave it open so that as many people as possible can try to convince you to pick it back up.

It has/had much promise, t'would be a pity to see if fall ...

JayWolf1985

Only thing I can't stand (and this is no offense to you Aussie) is that werewolves are always potrayed as the mindless bloodthristy villian and it annoys the piss out of me!   >:(

Wolves are nothing like that!  So why would werewolves be like that?!  Honestly!

Besides that, it's a good game and you should continue.  :=
Ich bin Ein mit dem Wolf...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk