Perils of Poom (if you didn't know)

Started by M, Tue 16/07/2002 23:43:58

Previous topic - Next topic

M

I posted in the old forums - didn't realise the forums had moved. Well, just incase no one knows, demo of Perils of Poom = HERE

And yeah, I now know you can save/load with F5 and F7 despite what the read-me says.

-

I`ve already found it in the old forum and I like it very much... really cool.

But I am stuck in the room with boxes and the cola-machine... I`ve found a coin in the machine, but what can I do with it? I`ve used it on the vent, in the cola-automat, nothing happens...

M

You're supposed to use the coin on the vent cover and you find a key inside. Use that on the cola machine panel.

When you've got an inventory item, you use it with the right button and deselect it with the left.

-

But I have tried that before... I can`t use the coin on the vent.... :O(

M

Really? Hmm.. I don't think anyone else had that problem. Sorry, don't know what to tell you.

-

Oops, just one moment... I think I see the problem... I haven`t read your posting before so exactly... I didn`t know about using the right mouse button.... Thanks for the info, I`ll check it out.

Hawk

Cool game, liked it quite a bit, not too hard. Would download the full game for sure..

-

I am also looking forward for the full game...

Good work! :O)

Ben VArley

I'm stuck, all I have in my inventory is a zyme vial what do i do with it?

Matt Brown

looks a wee bit rob blancish...
I'll download it when I get back from work.
word up

Ionias

If this is your first game dude, which I assume it is, as I haven't seen you around.  Then you are going to go far.  Your game has good graphics, and even better playablity.  And I love a game that includes animations.

Me

How do you get a ship in the game?

M

Yeah, this is my first game. And thanks any comments anyone's made. I like feedback.

Well, I just uploaded a walkthrough for the demo. If there's any grammar/spelling/punctation errors then feel free to complain and send me threating e-mails. Actually... don't do that.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ev.cool/walkthru.txt

m0ds

M, just so you know, I got your email and i'll work on your music tonight.

:)
m0ds

AGA

You dirty thief!!! You stole 'zyme' from Deus Ex!!! :p

M

Ok, cheers. And yeah, zyme is 'borrowed' from Deus Ex. If it causes much mental-take down to people, I'll change it.

m0ds

SPOILER ALERT!

Okay, here's the problem I found with the demo. I never went to see the hackers. I set the bin on fire and got into the ship, and then needed a password. Cos I didn't know where to get one, I decided to go back and see the guys on the streets (Bastard), and then magically the ship turned up and I completed the demo. That's a bug, I presume?

:)
m0ds

M

Yeah, its a bug. I know about it. Its been fixed for the full game. It was a really stupid error on my part, when you find out about the hackers, a global variable changes. I initially made it change to the wrong number.

Me

M, how did you make the cursor like that in the game?

Al_Ninio

sweet game.
seriously.
i licked it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk