Perils of Poom (if you didn't know)

Started by M, Tue 16/07/2002 23:43:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Helm

Some people set themselves up for the worst kind of puns...
WINTERKILL

M

Quote from: Me on Sun 11/08/2002 01:02:32M, how did you make the cursor like that in the game?

Like what exactly? You mean right click = use, etc.?

M

Me

Everytime I try the script, I get error, nested not supported.

M

Don't know what to tell you. Maybe you've got a bracket open somewhere. That's usually why that error comes up.

Squinky

Woah, I just tryed it for a little bit, and I'm really impressed....

Me

Uh, M, I got the game to look when left click and use when right click, but using the inventory items doesn't work. Can you tell me how to code it?

blacksoul

I really enjoyed this demo....
Just a question... when are u going to release the full game? :)

Squinky

Yes, I loved this demo too.....Unfortunately, I haven't seen the creator of this game around for awhile...

Rincewind

Just finished this demo, and It was really good! The animations are smooth, and there is an atmosphere in the game that I really like.
Finish this game as soon as possible!  

Synthetique

i just cant download a game without knowing what its about,.,.

M

Yeah.. M's here. Just took a long long break from AGS for a while. That's not to say I'm officially back yet, though. Nice to see people still check out my game.

Will the finished Perils of Poom ever see the light of day? I'll go with - possibly. If not, I'll just release the stuff I've done so far (another 1 and a half planets worth) if it comes to that. Getting back into development means relearning all the ags coding and such but nah, i'll give it go if enough people care.

-M-

==EDIT==

Just played thru what I've done so far. Hadn't done so in a while, some of it made me laugh. Dammit, this game WILL be finished. I've got to release at least one completed AGS game anyway!!

Pet Terry

Hey M, you're gonna finish it! ;D I played the demo months ago and been waiting full game. I'm sure it's gonna kick ass!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Squinky

Its funny, but this is a game I would put on my top five list for games I wanna play...
Please finish it man. This is quality stuff...

M

I definitely will. I'm up to 53 rooms so far and that makes about half way through the story I planned out. I'm gagging to show you guys the stuff I've done so far but I'll wait until its finished. Was up to 3:00 working on it last night. Progress was quick. This WILL be finished.

M

Yeah, I'm kinda bored so thought I'd upload a cutscene that takes place shortly after the Perils of Poom demo ends.
DOWNLOAD RIGHT HERE
The game will be released around the end of December, not sure how late, though. Props to m0ds on music. Still got to do some music/sound effex coding.
Er.. have a screenshot.

-Mike-

EDIT: Mirror homepage.ntlworld.com/ev.cool/poomtrailer.zip...
Complications..

Isegrim

Link's broken!
This post was generated automatically and therefore bears no signature.

M

Dang. i'll try to sort that. For now, if you do 'save target as' instead of just clicking the link it works for me. Dunno why. Geocities?

earlwood

lol, that is the greatest introduction ever! I like your drawing stlye and you humor is something to look forward to in this game. I hope you finish this game, Or I will just watch the intro over and over.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk