not testable

Started by junsu1029, Sun 04/07/2004 01:23:15

Previous topic - Next topic

junsu1029

when i make the room for my game and click test game, it aaaalllways freezes up and when i get the task manager to shut it down, it works. therefore i couldn't yet test my game so somebody help me!

Hollister Man

Try going to the folder in the Explorer, opening the 'compiled' folder and running the game from there.  This sounds suspiciously like a known bug that CJ has not been able to pinpoint.  If it works, that's probably what's going on.
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

Pumaman

Yeah, this is a strange problem that only affects some people. The solution is as Hollister Man says to just do Save Game in the editor, then find the EXE in the Compiled folder and run that.

Haddas

I have that EXACT problem, but I just have to start it twice...

Kinoko

Yep, I think for the people like me who have this problem, (by the way, do you have a GeForce video card by any chance?), you can just test it twice. Whatever suits you.

Jet Kobayashi Zala

I have the same problem, and do, indeed, have a GeForce. GeForce FX 5200 to be exact.

Barbarian

Yep, I have same problem too (as mentioned before in some other thread), but I don't think it's specific to one type of graphics card/ adaptor. My graphics adaptor is a:
RADEON IGP  345M, with 64 MB.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Scorpiorus

Does it behave this way if you disable both the sound and music before testing a game? I happened to encounter a similar freezing problem when was running AGS on a random computer and managed to get rid of it by choosing 'no digital sound' & 'disable music'. It's a pity - I didn't have an opportunity to investigate it further.

Skio

I DO have the same problem, and I DO have a GeForce card.
The strange thing is that this problem began occuring to me SUDDENLY, while it worked normally till then.

I haven't managed to solve it. I just use the compiled folder.
Î'νδρων Επιφανων Πασα Î"η ΤαφοÏ,

mätzyboy

Just to take this GeForce thing down a tad. I have a GeForce2 card and have no problem of the kind described.

Estaog

I have g-force 4 and i never had a problem.
Think about the kittens man!

http://members.aol.com/johnk0/godkills.jpg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk