What State (and/or province, area, etc) are YOU from?

Started by 00jon00, Tue 01/06/2004 08:53:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Funny -- I grew up in northeastern Kansas (Lenexa, to be exact) and am now in Cincinnati, OH, USA.  I lived for five years in Great Britain (Wolverhampton then Cambridge) in between.  I've enjoyed pretty much everywhere I've lived.  Cincinnati is pretty boring if you're single, but now that I've got a wife and kid, we enjoy it pretty well. :)  Also, the arts here are great considering how small (2mil-ish) the metropolitan area is.

Questionable

Cincy isn't boring if you'e single, it's hidden. Unless you knowwhat to do, there is absolutely nothing to do. Took me about two years before I found out where to go to have a good time in Cincy... Now I am no longer single either, though. Heh-
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

Vulcan Master

Born in Blenhiem (South Island of New Zealand) then moved to Palmerston North (North Island of New Zealand)

HammerBlade

Well I was born in the far west (USA), then moved to New England when I was 3 months old, and now I've been in the southwest for the past year and a half, attempting to start a life.  I guess I still consider myself to be from New England though.

Stumblebum

I was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, lived in Orlando, Florida for a couple years, moved back to Baton Rouge, and am now wasting away in Nashville, Tennessee.  This May I will be moving back to Baton Rouge to regroup and possibly further my education.  Then, it's on to wherever I find the best opportunities.  The candidates currently include Vancouver, California, New Mexico, South Korea, and Costa Rica.  (I haven't really decided on specific cities in the states and countries listed.)
Monkey Mind

AsimosVagan

buddyanwanda

I am a very soft handed person iwill touch every inch of body  i:will make love to you Let me      hold you all night long No limitall pleasure

arj0n

The Netherlands aka Holland aka Splifland  ;) 8)

kaputtnik

Quote from: buddyanwanda on Thu 23/04/2009 22:19:13
I am a very soft handed person iwill touch every inch of body  i:will make love to you Let me      hold you all night long No limitall pleasure

Is this in any way directly related to your origin in Mississippi, Jackson? If so, nice town.
I, object.

Ookki

NsMn

arj0n

Quote from: NsMn on Sun 17/05/2009 14:15:25
Bavaria, Germany.
Are you living in a pool of beer, or is that a real place? :D

NsMn

...What?

Bavaria is NO beer, thats province/area/whatever of Germany!  ;)

Matti

Quote from: NsMn on Sun 17/05/2009 14:30:34
...What?

I guess Arjon knows that and Bavaria must the be the best-known place in Germany to all foreigners. Well, perhaps that is Berlin, but I think a lot of know about Bavaria and immediately connects it with beer (basically due to the Oktoberfest). And the stereotypical German is always presented as a Lederhosen-wearing Bavarian with attachment to beer (in the Simpsons for example).

Anian

I'm pretty sure that by "foreigners" you could place Americans, I think most people in Europe know more about Bavaria. Don't know about the rest, but I found Munich (Munchen, Minhen) a beautiful city, beer is great (maybe it was the warm sunny afternoon and a cold one, but still I think it's good beer). Beautiful old style architecture around the field where Oktoberfest is held. And like every 5th car is a BMW or a Mercedes or a Porsche...how cool is that.

I'm pretty sure the street which might be considered a "red light district" is Goethe (or Schiller, not sure anymore) Strasse - that's just a plain cool coincidence.  8)

That good enough description.  ;D

p.s. ...and the Alps on the way over there are amazing as well.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Matti

Quote from: anian on Sun 17/05/2009 15:27:53
I'm pretty sure that by "foreigners" you could place Ameriacans, I think most people in Europe know more about Bavaria.

True.

Quote from: anian on Sun 17/05/2009 15:27:53
Don't know about the rest, but I found Munich (Munchen, Minhen) a beautiful city, beer is great (maybe it was the warm sunny afternoon and a cold one, but still I think it's good beer).

Never been to Munich but within Germany I prefer northern beer.

arj0n

Quote from: NsMn on Sun 17/05/2009 14:30:34
...What?

...Well, that's funny

In Holland it's a well known brand of beer...

Trent R

I know Bavaria as a tasty donut filling.... ;D

~Trent
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk