1st or 3rd person shooter tutorial

Started by Bentley, Fri 11/06/2004 14:57:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Bentley

I was wondering if anyone had a tutorial for how to make 3rd or first person shooting games or if anyone could make one thanks

Moox

Bentley

ive seen people make shooting games with it?

Moox

Those are shooting MiniGames, they are possible with intense scripting, there is no tutorial for those, and you can only do it in rooms, not moving like in fps etc...

Bentley

well can anyone explain how to do that

Bentley

could someone please help me make a shooting game with AGS

Mr Flibble

There are plenty of engines designed specially for what you want to do.

Like K&P  ;)

Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Bentley

Barbarian

Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Bentley

thanks everyone for the help. And also if anyone could show me how to do shooters with AGS id appreciate it ;D

Chicky

errr, in global script you have moveobject to where you want the enimies to move.

and then in object interactions you have anyclickon him to stop character moving, and then run a naimation with uor selected view.

well thats basicly it, obviously it needs working, but its just to give you an idea. I would advise you tried one of the other engines though...

and post on their boards :)

Scorpiorus

Yeah, also making yourself to feel comfortable with AGS basic features such as characters, objects, interactions and with the text scripting (if you want a shooter to be more comlex) would really lead you to the solution OSC came up with.
Try fiddling with AGS and you'll find out how powerful it is. ;)

Mr Flibble

Uhh, The K&P thing was a sarcastic joke..K&P sucks. The chracters can't even move...
Not that I've tried it. But I have played games made with it.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

TerranRich

Okay, okay, since this has nothing to do with AGS, let alone a technical question, this thread go locky-locky.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk