game nostalgia - Top 5 list

Started by Hinders, Sun 13/06/2004 22:42:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Nostalgia is an evil thing; I remember couple of times trying to replay game I played when was (much) younger and which I loved, and realized that it doesn't look that good anymore  :'(

I am not sure I can list 5 games here... maybe I am just too lazy to dig in my memory. But certainly best nostalgia games are (in no particular order):

1. Monkey Island 1
2. Monkey Island 2
3. Might & Magic: World of Xeen.

monkey0506

It's funny you say that Crimson; every time I play The Secret of Monkey Island I just want to dive back into AGS. Monkey Island is ultimately what brought me here. From the time I was a child I wanted to know how to make my own. :=

Games that make me feel nostalgic and gooey inside:

1. The Secret of Monkey Islandâ,,¢
2. Commander Keen in Goodbye, Galaxy!: Secret of the Oracle
3. LOOMâ,,¢
4. Wolfenstein 3D
5. Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure (Episode 1)

Two of these (#1 and #4) I have on my Xbox 360 (though Wolfenstein I do only have the demo). Four of them (all but #4) I have installed and playable on my computer.

Wesray

I'm very nostalgic for the NES games of old, especially the early ones, which were the first video games I ever played. Most of them I played at my friend's places or I borrowed them.

Trojan (my first gaming experience ever)
Super Mario Bros. Series
Mega Man Series
Batman
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
Fester's Quest
Maniac mansion (the NES version!)
...and my nostalgia game number 1 The Legend of Zelda (& Zelda II)

I beat most of the games numerous times, even if they were hard as hell (Mega Man I'm looking at you!). I guess I was a real pro gamer back then... Of course there are also the old PC DOS games, including countless adventure games, but those came about 3 years later.
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

Scarab

The one game that really sticks in my mind from my youth is Skyroads. I loved this game :)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Scarab on Fri 16/10/2009 09:54:27
The one game that really sticks in my mind from my youth is Skyroads. I loved this game :)
Ha! me too :)

arj0n

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 16/10/2009 16:30:44
Quote from: Scarab on Fri 16/10/2009 09:54:27
Ha! me too :)
Skyroads rocked  ;D

ThreeOhFour

I was talking about old games with someone today, and I remembered Heroes of the 357th.

I was so completely addicted to this game I would sit in front of the screen with my joystick for hours, enjoying the rich graphics and detailed environments. At one stage my mother was so worried that I was completely sucked into some fantasy world where I actually thought I was really a WWII pilot (because I would move my head around when I turned my plane and talk to the other pilots on the screen) that she tried to ban me from playing it.

And here I thought I was too young for true nostalgia  :(

Wonkyth

The Commander Keen series has got me through many tying times.

There was Alleycat, which was the first game I ever played, I think.
Unfortunately, it's sorta jerky on DOSBox, and I'm too lazy to figure out why.

I never player many Arcadey games, but I Looooved Pengo!
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Patternjake

In order of best:

1.Super Mario NES- nothing can beat it
2.Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
3.Mario Kart 64
4.Donkey Kong Country
5.Bubsy
6.Curse of Monkeys Island- the game was just brilliant on so many levels
7.Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
8.Alone in the Dark 1 (DOS) - AMAZING Game for its time, had me hooked

Oh forgot this one, Return to Zork- that was one amazing game, but it had about 50 floppy disks :\

Those a probably my best games ever from my childhood.
If im not coding, im msn. If im not msn, im gaming.

kconan

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/587787

Here is a cool game that oozes Nintendo and old school arcade nostalgia.  It's flash, but it feels/plays like a retro PC game.

Oops, just noticed how old this thread is...

Igor Hardy

That's some weak nostalgia most of you guys have, if it requires actually great games to make you feel nostalgic.

CaptainD

Quote from: Ascovel on Fri 27/01/2012 13:16:19
That's some weak nostalgia most of you guys have, if it requires actually great games to make you feel nostalgic.

Yup... personally, anything that reminds me of the 8 or 16 bit days gets me all nostalgic!!

KodiakBehr

Ah, well, if you want a memorable game that would never survive today, may I remind you all of

Rebel Alliance and SimEarth

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk