How did you find AGS?

Started by Phemar, Mon 14/06/2004 14:59:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbob

I found out about it search for adventure games on Home of the Underdogs (RIP), and found the RON games.

Tried it, found I couldn't make a thing and forgot about it.

Then Bernie, who used to frequent the 'klik' scene (MMF and all that) as well, made a few adventure games in AGS, and I lurked about the forums a bit. Also, kept seeing it due to the Trilby games and the idea of being able to make a game like 1213 interested me.

Then I finally bit the bullet when AGS 3.x came out and found it was a lot nicer than the DOS days. Bingo!

Woo. Go AGS!  ;D
Current Project: A Hard Day's Knight

BatWitch

I googled "adnveture game maker" and here I am.

..although, initially I was looking more for a visual novel maker, besides renpy.

But visual novels are just a derivative of adventure games, so I think there's something to learn from exploring adventure games too.

Ian Moone

I was googling adventure games...I was looking at old Sierra games and saw the KQ remake and saw that they had a link to AGS...and here I am.

CaptainD

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, I found the Rob Blanc games.  Then I found AGS.

Calin Leafshade

I saw a bright star.

I travelled westward for many miles before happening upon a stable.

and there, in the manger, lay Chris Jones.

Barricus

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Thu 23/12/2010 01:15:03
I saw a bright star.

I travelled westward for many miles before happening upon a stable.

and there, in the manger, lay Chris Jones.
I think you're getting your "C"s and "J"s mixed up a bit.

dbuske

I thought about doing a game for years.  Now and then I would look for programs for making adventures. AGS seemed the most user friendly program.
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Turtiathan

I was told about it by a poster on here. Her name is Saren. She pretty much introduced me to the adventure game genre. It is a good balance to all the shooting/waging war/simulation games that I have played in my life. Anyway, this seems to be the best place to get some video game design experience without working for a company.

Bogdan

I was looking for American Goat Society, and by accident ran into Adventure Game Studio.
(this was obviously a joke, I was searching for a game engine - on you tube >.> - and I found densming's tutorials, I don't know how. Then I fell in love with AGS, and adventure games.)

gaarias

Since I am not fond of modern 3d day all-the-greatest games, and adventure games in the market are kinda obsolete, I turned to "abandonware". And suddenly I found this web and I was stunned.

:o

This is the main source of my games, and the cool thing is that keeps expanding!

poc301

Quote from: gaarias on Wed 30/11/2011 17:36:43

This is the main source of my games, and the cool thing is that keeps expanding!

And (bar a few games) completely free!

-Bill

KodiakBehr

I'd been looking for a creative outlet for years.  Computer told me to follow the blue cup.  Girl knocks on the door with a blue cup tattoo on her right shoulder.  Blah blah blah chosen one, and here I am.

Technocrat

There was an article in a PC magazine back in 2006, and I've had an inclination for making games for yeeeeeaaaars. AGS was just a bit more useful for my goals than "Klik 'n' Play" was, though.

Igor Hardy

Everyone here seems to have sprang into game-making action immediately upon hearing about the existence of AGS.

Am I the only one who knew about it for years (since 2003 or earlier) and was just too lazy to make a game?  :'(

HandsFree

Also knew about it for years but since I can't do any art there was no point in doing anything with it.
Until I found out about RON and that all the art had already been done. So now I'm a happy AGS user, although restricted to RON.  8)

Haddas

Quote from: Ascovel on Thu 01/12/2011 22:34:26
Everyone here seems to have sprang into game-making action immediately after hearing about the existence of AGS.

Am I the only one who knew about it for years and was just too lazy to make a game?  :'(

You're prolific compared to me

arj0n

Everyone here seems to have sprang into game-making action immediately after hearing about the existence of AGS.

Am I the only one who knew about it for years and was just too lazy to make a game?  :'(
No.

Technocrat

I made games, not saying they were good ones though. Didn't release any of them either!

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Technocrat link=topic=14687.msg600900#msg600900
I
i]made[/i] games, not saying they were good ones though.

Sir, I'mma slappa yo face.

Pikmeir

I was walking to school one day, and it was really cold so I zipped up my coat, but then my fingers started freezing. I immediately put my gloves on, but they didn't help much, so I decided it would be best to bring a scarf the next day. Upon returning home in the afternoon, I realized I didn't own a scarf. I searched Amazon for one, but then remembered that I'd rather not waste my money on a scarf, especially since my neck doesn't get cold anyway, just the lower part of my face.
The next day I was really bored and decided to Google "how to make an adventure game" and found AGS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk