How did you find AGS?

Started by Phemar, Mon 14/06/2004 14:59:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Jake

oh well zor, we cant let 1 bad apple ruin the crop  ::)

:p

R4L

I found AGS when I played Rob Blanc III and at the end it had a statement about Chris Jones making AGS and how Yahtzee said he loved him,lol, but I Yahooed AGS and AGS came up. I downloaded it and I loved it and I always get on the forums now. IT CHANGED MY LIFE MAN!

Edwin Xie

I found AGS because I got mad a runescape and then tried to make an adventure game so I went to some kind of website and there was a list of adventure game creation programs and i thought AGS was the best of the list.
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

Eigen

http://www.classicgaming.com/agisci/simmsys.shtml

This is where I found it. It was still dos version then. Didn't use it much more than for few test rooms then.

-Eigen

Disco

I found AGS in 2002 while searching for Quest for Glory fan pages. I found Hero6 and AGDI first, then finding out AGDI used AGS I came here, lurked for 1 1/2 years and finally became a member last february.

Calamity

I had been wanting to create an adventure game for a while but hadn't really known of any engines for it. After doing a search (ah Google...) stuff for AGS came up so I looked into it. I didn't download the software til I saw what the program could do (also known as I played Dark Ages and loved it :P) and since then I've had the software but only recently had the motivation to actually get down to learning it.
OwO

George

Well here's mine, ever since I was a wee lad, I've always wanted to make an adventure game (because I couldn't get enough of them) but back then there wasn't a lot of opportunity to do that, so I dropped the idea. 7 years later (long time huh?) I just replayed SQ4 and then I remembered how much I wanted to make one, so I went to google and searched “how to make an adventure game” and I looked through the links and found something promising, I clicked the link and voila! I'm here today making games.
"The world is my oyster...but i don't like sea food"

Blade

Well, I found AGS while searching for free adventure games. Thought it'd be nice to make one myself. It was just about a month ago.
Studies show that 50% of the people do not know they form half of the society.

BlackMan890

i found it because i was searching for SCUMM because i thought that it turned to freeware(i mean it was used to create games 10 years ago)
so i searched until i stumbled into a link to Amberfish Arts http://amberfisharts.com/
down right corner there were teams creating adventure games and i thought, why not theck them out, i had gone in like 3 or 4 teams until i got to the team, creating The Rise Of The Hidden Sun, there to the right there were steps to create an adventure game, so i checked them of, one of the step was, what engine to use to create the game, and two option came up, one of them was AGS but i don't remember what the other one was, he said that he used AGS (because it was easier) so i checked it out, dl 5 days a stranger, which i LOVED and went creating the game
i joined this forum when i needed help and there you got it
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Please go to www.simnet.is/elinnils52 and download my non ags/adventure game :)

poop

I was searching around on google for a way to make my own game. I had already given up on flash because it took dozens of hours to make one interaction. I found ags, down loaded it, and started messing around. I have made so much stuff the ags file is 150 megabytes now.

BlackMan890

Quote from: Eigen on Sat 28/08/2004 19:57:46
http://www.classicgaming.com/agisci/simmsys.shtml

This is where I found it. It was still dos version then. Didn't use it much more than for few test rooms then.

-Eigen
was AGS once a dos version? i mean could you create the game in dos?
if so then it would be great if i could have it...
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Please go to www.simnet.is/elinnils52 and download my non ags/adventure game :)

BorisZ

I found it on underdogs. I saw Garfield and red that it was created with AGS. I downloaded it (not Garfield, AGS).

darkx5

i was surfing the net trying to find ways of making my Day of the Tentacle and Space Quest Games work on XP when i bumed into this site i read through the stuff said *COOL* downloaded the editor and make a crappy game wile trying out the editor... i liked the layout of the site and of the editor and decided to jion the forum... as of now i'm working out the bugs of my programming skills and getting answers to my questions *although some ppl don't wanna waist time trying to cover stuff that is not in the manual* my crappy came titled CRAPPY GAME is still in the works and will be relesesd soon,, but i warn you it's really stupid and piontless.....
~Raven

jasonjkay

aboute a year ago  I bought a magazine that showed you how to create games and on the dvd that came with it I found a bunch of game making programs including ags. Much later I remberred ags and downloaded the newest version. Im still creating my first game. Started a couple of weeks ago.
http://www.americangirlscouts.org/agsresources/ - Mods, plugins and templates.

fovmester

First I was browsing for old adventuregames and found AGS through a link-page on some adventuregame-engine site. But back then it was a dos-program and I just didn't get going. Then I forgot about AGS.

Later (in 2003) I think I went browsing for old adventuregames again and actually found AGS through a link-page on the same adventuregame-engine site I had visited some years before. Now AGS was a windowsprogram (version 2.5 I think) and I started making Frank the farmhand.

stuh505

I found AGS last year when I was searching for a way to implement my game the Tanglewood...I was originally going to code the whole thing in C++, but I couldn't figure out how to do graphics, and then I had the vague memory of having seen some game creation tools in the past from places like dos games because I used to love to play dos games.

leone

I found AGS while I was searching the net for Indiana Jones fangames. I found a demo of some Indy game that had a 'read me ' or smth that said it was made with AGS.
  Since the game looked good, I downloaded AGS. I had tried to make a point-and-click adventure years ago on Amiga, and couldn't. But I started using AGS and I realized I could do it! I love it!
Mister No is coming

Einoo

Well, to make a big story tiny, my dad had this old CD with mac games on it, and on this CD was a game called StoryMaker 1.0, which was like a program that made text adventures, except with graphics and sound, and you could click on stuff, almost like a graphical adventure game with a text parser. I eventually got frustrated with it, and I wanted something easier. So I went on Google, looking for an adventure game creator, and, well...

The rest is history.
Now let's find out if gasoline is flammable!

Iwan

Well I used to use adventure maker (when it didnt have the 3rd person plug-in) and I got frustrated that I couldnt have my charactor walk along the screen. I told my mate and he linked me to the AGS homepage... and thats my story.

hms

>Pcplayer is a Danish game magasin one of the user here have written a articel abort amature game programmering. And he was usign AGS te users name is GG or somthing... :-\
-------------------------------------------------------
It takes 42 muscles to look angry, but it only takes 6 to slap the idiot down!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk