How did you find AGS?

Started by Phemar, Mon 14/06/2004 14:59:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Indie Boy

I was playin a online game (can't remember what one) and it was made with AGS. I went to the site and didnt take that much notice of what it was. About a month and a half ago I found the site in my favorites so I go on again and the rest is history.
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

.cybrcomm.

I was browsing the internet for Adventure Games.  Came accross this one alot.

x_traveler_x

I've been a fan of Sierra On-Line games almost my whole life.  It had been over a decade since I played KQ2, and thought I'd look online for a way to buy it.  So I searched Google, and was shocked to find that it had been remade-- and FREE TO DOWNLOAD!  I had to try it.  Soon after, I discovered the link for the AGS engine.  It wasn't much longer that I thought I'd roll up my sleeves and get my hands dirty with it.  Hopefully soon, I'll have something worth sharing!
~~- - -. . .finding a cure for mundanity. . . - - -~~

Orieac

I was after i found KQ 1 VGA (by Tierra) on the internet.

c53

I found out about AGS at gamingw.net when I went for GameMaker tutorials to make a graphic adventure.

mags_don

pure luck!! actually played stick-men or was it stickman? anyways.. from there history!! was INSTANTLY hooked...bait,line, and stinker..er sinker...and since have been looking everything "point-and-click"...and still AM!!I have found AGS...........the BEST!!

Phemar

Which stickmen? There's loadsa stickmen games out there...

Bartimaeus

It took me ages to find AGS!
I'd played The Secret of Monkey Island and loved it.
I then spent FOREVER trying to find something that let you make a game like it.
I downloaded: 'The Games Factory', *cough*
Game Maker, *No comment*
I even started trying to learn pure script
but I soon got bored of making red little balls bounce along an unnecessary glamorous wall...
And then, somehow, I found it on some strange site listing a whole lotta games! The moment I saw the site - with the 5 Days a Stranger screenie on, I knew it... I'd found my program.
:'( And I promised myself I wouldn't cry...

BTW Zor, I hope ur reading all of these! Coz if ur skipping over some poor guy's AGS story you really need ur bum smacked!
8)
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Ubel

Pelit-magazine (a Finnish magazine about games) had an article about adventure games. At the end of the article there were few adventure making programs listed, including AGS, Wintermute and AGAST. At first I downloaded AGAST but I couldn't get it work on my computer for some unknown reason. Then I decided to try AGS.

And He saw that it was good.

passer-by

I 've been playingÃ, all sorts of  pc games for years and I always try to visit their website or find related info. I must have downloaded an ags - generated game and then had a look at the page. Had nothing to do with the engine initially, I only decided to actually download it  a month ago.

Phemar

Quote from: Billy Gnome Jefferson on Wed 30/03/2005 18:15:45
BTW Zor, I hope your reading all of these! Coz if your skipping over some poor guy's AGS story you really need your bum smacked!
8)

Yes billy I'm reading...

Bartimaeus

Quote from: Zor on Thu 31/03/2005 09:12:43
Yes billy I'm reading...
;) That's what I like to hear...

This thread reminds me of a conversation with a friend I had long ago...
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

i was looking progams to make games and then *poof* i found it

Arboris

long story short, someone refered me to this site.

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

RyRayer

Hah I google'd it. I just wanted to create my own adventure game and one result linked me to http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/ . I downloaded AGS and few day later I was interested in joining some AGS related forum and now HERE I AM. :D

rharpe

Not a big story at all... did a search on GOOGLE for game creation about 4 years back and vwah-la! http://www.ambrosine.com/resource.html

This is also where I found some other very "valuable" software.  ;D

"Hail to the king, baby!"

SinSin

my story is pretty wierd really

i never heard of chris jones or ags before april 2005
i was sorting out my mums computer by putting spybot on it and well after which i was testing it by putting in random things in google such as

kfjhygds
kuysdgr
asgsdgfijf
agsyergfeu
and then through luck ags popped up first on the list. it was only then when i realised that i could create games like monkey island and dott this i had craved for  for many many years

Sinsin
Currently working on a project!

The_Question

On Underdogs, when I was reading about Larry Vales...

Once I realised it wasn't mind blowingly complicated and that there were loads of other games I could...pay homage to...I decided to muck around with a few backgrounds and my first ever pixellated sprite.  Three days in and I'm already working on my first mini-adventure!
Currently working on random characters and the cast of my first game attempt, Magnum PI!

Mozesh

Actually I don't really remember how I found it.
But I'm glad I did. :)
I guess I found it when looking for a game creator.
First I found game maker but ags just beats that!

madgooseparade

After I played all the Lucas Arts games I could buy I began to search the internet for adventure games, then I came across AGS! And have yet to create a successful game...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk