How did you find AGS?

Started by Phemar, Mon 14/06/2004 14:59:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Phemar

I love hearing your stories!

Keep 'em rolling!

=The=Brat=

You must already know mine. cant you remember. i took CJ to court for stealing my idea. it was origanally going to be called A Goats Song(AGS)

i will never give up CJ you lying, munipulating coward. you here me! NEVER!

PsychicHeart

my friend was making a game with it ( that futurama game... hey, whatever happened to that anyway, it just disappeared!!!  :o ). anyway, he told me the program and i thought, what the hell. So. here we are.
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

monkey0506

I just found it.  That's all.  I just...found it.  There was no means of how I did it.  I just did.  I just downloaded it.  And started using it.  No story.

Floskfinger

I've always been a fan of Adventure games and I've always wanted to make one. So, a year ago (after spending my life before that on trying to find a good game engine) I ran in to AGS by a coincidense. My life haven't been the same since... Btw, I haven't made a complete game yet ;D
Dancing madly backwards on the sea of air...

bush_monkey

I was creating an RPG first in C++ using DirectX, then using blitz basic 3D but while I was making good progress, graphically it left a lot to be desired. So I looked for a good 2D engine (because Blitz sucks in 2D) and when I found AGS, I just couldn't believe how easy and flexible it was. It just opened my eyes in terms of functionality versus ease of use.  Now I'm hard at work on Valis and I haven't looked back.  ;D

kec

I was googling sites for some freeware games and I found:
abandonia

There are mostly abandonware games there but I also found 5 days a stranger. It was written that it was made by Adventure Game Studio. So...
I like meat.

Nikolas

Well I was in the army (in Greece you have to go for 12 months) and I found an old 386. With Windows 95! Perfect to play old games. So as a friend suggested, I searched first through underdogs and then through abandonia. In the second I found the Circque de Kinoko (I don't remember the actual name, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but I think everybody knows what I'm talking about) and started larking around here...

AlbinoPanther

We actualy don't remember it was somtime during summer of 2004.We are a true real adventure fanatics and we suppose AGS find us ;D.

IM NOT TEH SPAM

My older brother was making an adventure game a while back, and I came to AGS a while later (remembering the website my brother used) to find some good games to play, ended up downloading the editor and started some stupid short game about geese primarily based off of QFGIV backrounds and googled images.  I deleted all of the game, after realizing that doing that was pretty much illegal, and got punished for a few months.  I came back, after i forgot my password, and created a new account.
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

Corey

how did i find AGS??

well, i was reading a magezine all about computer stuff...
at some pages readers could send in sites that lead to usefull freeware programs.
Some1 sended in a link to this site. and i always loved adventure games so i downloaded the program rght away  :)
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

PyroMonkey

I found this through a large site called Gaming World. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be very popular over there, but I yoinked it anyways. I have yet to make a game, although I'm currently planning one that could potentially turn out great...

Dan2552

I just searched Google for an adventure game maker. That Java Indy one looked good, then i found this.

RocketGirl

Truthfully, I don't exactly remember how I found AGS, but I have a theory or two...

See, more than once I've gone looking for games engines, open-source or just game makers, whatever. Truth to tell, I wanted to make a Master of Orion clone because MoO3 sucked like the Mighty Hooverâ,,¢, and MoO2, while still an amazing game, wasn't quite the experience I wanted.

So I was hoping, if nothing else, to find a simple scripting language with built-in graphics support (I've programmed before, but graphics manipulation was always way above my head for some reason. I figured if I were to find a graphics engine I could probably do the rest) and I probably ran across AGS in a Google search or something. "free game engine" and variants on that theme turn up a lot of interesting items on Google.

I'm sure I ran across AGS, said to myself, "Ooh, adventure games!", saw how small AGS was and DL'ed it. Then I got involved in my Star Wars fan film and a copy of AGS--still compressed and untouched--sat on my hard drive for about two years.

I ran across it a month or two ago, and the thought of making an adventure game just sort of ate at me until I started doing something about it, so here I am. I've been thinking about a project to do once the fan film is finished anyway and it fit nicely into a game format, so...
May the Force be with you

Mugs

::) How did I find AGS?

Well, a couple of years ago, it just happend that I wanted to make a "click n' point" adventure game, probably because I loved Sam&Max and that kind of stuff.Ã,  Anyways, I was browsing the web and that hopefully I would be able find a FREE "game creator" that allows me to do such games (I tried to do one with Klik&Play, but it wasn't powerful enough, and it took a hole bunch of timeÃ,  :(Ã,  ).

Long story short, I found AGS, I started creating games (I gave up on them since the character animating was killing me.Ã,  :-[) ,and now, I'm still trying to create a complete game, exept this time I'm having less trouble.

Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, The EndÃ, 
Cool stuff I found out: Men are four times more likely to be struck by lightning than women.  Wow, really? [dirty joke] Maybe this has to do with the fact that us men have "lightning rods"? [/dirty joke]

mozza

Sit down kiddies and enjoy the tale:

I was merely getting really bored at school, and I kept hearing a deep-toned voice calling out to me. It seemed to be coming from a place on the computer called "teh internet" or some such thing. I looked around cautiously to see if anyone else heard it too. The boy sitting next to my (coincidentally my best friend) named Nova-Invicta (his parents mustn't have liked him) was focused on his immensely boring school work. So it had begun - my quest to find an adventure game. I had recently played and finished Leisure Suit Larry and the Land of the Lounge Lizard. I decided to find a website which had adventure games on it for me to download. The voice told me to Google for "point and click adventure games". And so I did. I found the seemingly godly figure known as Yahtzee. I downloaded 5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic. They were so good and I was still under the infuence of the voice so I went searching for more. I found a site called Big Blue Cup, and wondered what kind of wacky viruses it could behold. As I went to click to the next page of results, my mouse-hand was taken over by the strange voice and clicked on the link. It brought up the home page and I saw the Games Main Page and realised I was in heaven. I proceded to download many a game on the school computers, and bring them back on my flash drive. Until one day I came home and looked on PC and found a program I had never seen before: AGS Editor. I abruptly opened it and as if I was an adventure game character being controlled by a player I began creating my first game.

And that, my friends, is how mozza bought his alarm clock.

The End

mwahahaha

A magazine that I have a subscription to had a "make your own adventure game" article, apparently written by Yahtzee, and it recommended AGS, so I decided to make my own game (seeing as I had absolutely nothing better to do) and came here.

petazzo

How have I found AGS?
Well, I haven't found it yet, I'm still searching.  :)
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
(Groucho Marx)

Elliott Hird

I found it at exactly the same time I found enlightenment.

Revan

Thank God for Google... I have wanted a game creator for years, AGS has been the best ever Thankyou AGS (Also I think the greatness comes from the AGS community, thanks for all your help guys)...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk