Proposition: an improvement that will save time

Started by JudgeDeadd, Wed 09/06/2004 14:54:39

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDeadd

If you post a question here, and it will be answered, then please modify your post so that its topic will say: SOLVED.
E. g.
help with FollowCharacter (SOLVED)

This will save time.
You know what they say... no... wait... you don't. What a shame.

Pumaman

I do kind of see the benefit of this; but on the other hand, many threads contain useful information whether they've been solved or not. And of course, there would always be people forgetting to mark it as Solved, thus making the whole system unreliable.

TerranRich

What I am doing in the BegTech forum is changing all the icons of the threads on the first page only to thumbs-up if it has been solved. I'll ask Scumm to help out every so often with newer threads, checking them when they get new posts.

Edwin Xie

Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

TerranRich

Not postinig "solved", just editing the first topic to change the icon, that's all I'm doing.

JudgeDeadd

Moebius: Great! At least I know that someone here is already saving our time...
You know what they say... no... wait... you don't. What a shame.

Scorpiorus

What I find being useful with "(SOLVED)" is that one can search the forums for it to get all the relevant threads.

Ishmael

Wasn't there something like this up on the Beginners Tech earlier??? Or has my memory fooled me big time again?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Pumaman

Yes, this was triple-posted on three different forums, hence I shall now lock this.

Please DO NOT double- (or triple-) post.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk