--> The Contribution Thread <--- (Templates, free GUI's, bg's, .chr's)

Started by Andail, Wed 23/06/2004 16:10:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Galen

Free ready-to-use footstep sounds (Original raw from SoundSnap.com, I just edited it to be immediately usable):

WackyWildCard

Here are some Complete Human Walk Cycles:

By wackywildcard at 2008-01-14

By wackywildcard at 2008-01-15

By wackywildcard at 2008-01-15

By wackywildcard at 2008-01-16

By wackywildcard at 2008-01-16

I don't really need help with them, but in case you are fresh with animating AGS characters and need help, use these sketches as examples!

Source Material:

"THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO... ANIME TECHNIQUES
CREATE MESMERIZING MANGA-STYLE ANIMATION WITH PENCILS, PAINT, AND PIXELS"

By Chi Hang Li
Chris Patmore
Hayden Scott-Baron

And thanks Darth Mandarb, I'll remember that in the near future! I have lots of cools stuff I would like to share with the community! I don't just take, I give!

Darth Mandarb

For future reference ... if you're not asking for C&C and just want to share (which is great) you should post them in the contribution thread (sticky up top of this board).

FSi++

I share this template. It's not very complicated, some may say it's oversimplified, but for short games that's ok.
It's rather unfinished - there's only inventory screen and @overhotspot@ bar for GUI, no custom save/load things, Ctrl+Q to quit.
Broken-sword-style interactions (right click looks, left click walks or interacts), I think I finally polished it.
Comes with free Ted McBinky for your perusal (for more info, games won't download and not that I want it). If you want to make a game with him, you're encouraged to notify me about it :).
There's also a (sample) title screen and (sample) room to try it out - should compile out of the box, allowing you to test its abilities!

Stupot

Useful stuff WWC... I may have to remember this when I get round to making some walkcycles of my own.

WackyWildCard

Here are some samples of Anime Drawing Techniques:

By wackywildcard at 2008-01-19

Source Material:

"THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO... ANIME TECHNIQUES
CREATE MESMERIZING MANGA-STYLE ANIMATION WITH PENCILS, PAINT, AND PIXELS"

By Chi Hang Li
Chris Patmore
Hayden Scott-Baron

I hope you find them helpful.

Layabout

Skin colour swatches.

Not mine, i got it from someone else, but i'm sharing the love.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Lainz

AGS Sonic Game Pack
Free For AGS Developers

This file includes:

All AGS debug Files

Sonic Character:
- Run View
- Jump View
- Standby View
- Plataform Rotation View

Other Views:
- Tails
- Knuckles
- Shadow
- Amy
- Shade

Other Stuff:
- Rings View
- Egg View

Sprites:
- Sonic & Other Views sprites
- Avatars, Icons, Rooms of Sonic & Friends

Music:
- 12 Sound Effects

Download Link:
http://www.zshare.net/download/1899640005c6fac0/

You can use it: make your Sonic Game!

abstauber

X-Heiko

Quote from: Andail on Wed 23/06/2004 16:10:34

Copyright disclaimer:
People donating material here may not add further restrictions, such as "oh, you can't use my background because I want it to only be featured in good games." or "You may only use my character if you have already released at least three games I can look at".
If you wish to remove your link, just say so. As long as it's here, anybody is free to use it.

Practically, you don't have traditional copyright, since you can't demand people that have used your character in a game to take it down.

Still, people are urged to include the originator in the credits. Failure to do this may result in  their name ending up on a black list.

I don't think a forum post is enough to retain from copyright in the law of all nations. You should agree on "as long as it's not sold".

monkey0506

I'll just leave this here.

Empty Game 2 Template

Looking for a template you can use to "test out an idea" or do something cool without all the fluff of the Default Game template getting in your way; but the Empty Game template not compiling without some work getting on your nerves? Or perhaps you find that even the Empty Game template's global script seems a bit cluttered and bogged down...

The Empty Game 2 Template contains very limited resources to help alleviate your pains! I've taken the liberty of cleaning up the global script, removing unnecessary views, dialogs, etc. leaving you with an "almost" empty game. I've left Roger in just as a point of reference along with the default walk cursor. Throw in the empty room of darkness and you've got a functioning empty game!

NOTE: I actually created this with AGS 3.2 BETA 4 so it's unlikely to work with any prior versions! Oops! If I get around to it I wouldn't be against trying to grab an earlier version of AGS (perhaps even back to 2.72) to recreate the template in that version.

Anyway, enjoy!

Chicky

Babar wanted a tutorial out of me. This might help some people.

ThreeOhFour

Awesome!  :D

But (and I don't want to sound like I disapprove of the use of pink), if you use 32 bit colour and save your sprite on a transparent background, you can bypass all that bothersome tidying up and import with an alpha channel, sexy smooth edges and all!

Nice work, anyway!

Ali

I agree with Ben, a great guide! I also agree that 32 bit could improve the look (it might help to begin on a transparent backdrop too).

But if you need to use 16 bit and don't want to clean up the anti-aliasing with a brush, you should be able to tune the tolerance of the flood fill tool to do the work for you.

Synthetique

I want to contribute with this character but i don't know a good place to upload it.

He's got talk and walk cycles in all directions.

Synthetique

Hehe I had lots of fun with him but since I suck at writing I might as well give it away. :\

Matti

I made this generic walkcycle just for fun out of a walkcycle of one of my characters. It's an altered version of Mr Colossals walkcycle, but with more frames and less exaggerated. Feel free to use it as a template.

If anybody is interested in another resolution of this walkcycle, PM me and I'll update this post.

Here are all the (scaled down) frames:

Crimson Wizard

Heh, thanks mr. Matti, I may use this as a reference to create decent walkcycle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk