Lost Lands Rpg

Started by Moox, Sun 27/06/2004 04:35:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Moox

Sorry for the bad quality of this post, I had to make it as short as possible because I have to go. I will edit it when I have time

320x240 16 bit

Im creating the LostLands engine in ags which is a port of my LostDungeon engine.
The engine will be open after I make a few games with it.

It is full vertical but can be adapted easily for different angles. Its based on runescape, neverwinter nights, and diablo.

The engines advanced features are random dungeon generation, mining and treasure digging, bartering system, and magic system.
The store system works the same as most rpgs, same with the combat.
Leveling is extremely different as it doesnt depend on killing as much as character development. You will have to keep the character healthy, fed, and rested if you want to level.

In future versions I plan make it a multiplayer engine, have weather effects, and a smithing/building system.

Old art removed as it is outdated

The Book

This looks really interesting. Will there be any storyline or is it going to be a plain, hack'n'slash roguelike?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Iaur Laur Ahvauron Krion Einiir eieer penir Tian"

("Word spoken in the Hall of Silence on the Planet of Ashes means death to the human kind")

Prevent our fate. Visit http://yanna.freehosting.net!

Moox

Its going to have a story, I find hack and slash games boring

Kinoko

Hey, I'm making an RPG too ^_^ (slightly different concept though). It's great that people are doing such different things with AGS... can't wait to see how your turns out, good luck with it!!

Moox

Well, I have finished all art, I found a musician, I am now doing the demo scripting, Here is a map of the demo.

This is without objects like trees, and pebbles etc...

TheGoldeagle

Can't Wait for this. As I am also trying to make a game similar to this. Looking forward to it.

TheGoldeagle
Games In Production:

Dragon Scape:

Link Comming Soon...

mousemat

how long till its finished ?
i like the look of this game the grafix lokk 100 times better than on my
game!
Oh yer moon walkin'
www.freewebs.com/bkreview/

R4L

All I can say is, "Good Luck" . I play Diablo II all the time and recreating its engine might be hard. Otherwise, I like your map, the textures of the ground and grass and whatnot are nice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk