The Treasure Thieves... Update

Started by Secret Fawful, Thu 01/07/2004 17:01:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Secret Fawful

this game is called the treasure thieves. it is about a half cat, half raccoon thief ;a deadpan lion cub who is a genius, and a bear with a french accent who are sent through time along with their archenemys: a shapeshifter, a rooster who has the powers of that bad guy in terminator 2, and a rat who can turn invisible. they must find their way back to their time while stealing treasure, fighting monsters(werewolves, el chupacabra etc.) ,and gaining abilitys

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/fredericks.bmpÃ,  Ã, this is the half cat half coon thief

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/squasher.jpg
this is the shapeshifter bad guy

i will have some more characters and some backgrounds up soon

Mats Berglinn

It sounds like a original story and ideas. But if you ask me, that half-cat/half racoon guy looks more like a bunny. It doesn't look like a half-racoon/half-cat to me.

Secret Fawful

you are saying that cause of the teeth i did that that way to show that he is somewhat of an idiotÃ,  Ã, here is a character description :Ã,  Ã, he is crazyÃ,  he carrys a pistolÃ,  he has obsessions with fish and treasureÃ,  Ã, and he has a giant fear of women  and he has a tendency to say  yeah, see  like humphrey bogart or james cagney does

Secret Fawful

i got rid of squashers abs altogether as they where out of shape here is my redo  http://2dadventure.com/ags/shapesh.jpg        am currently working on my first background will have it up soon 8)

Secret Fawful

a new update this will be my games theme song http://www.tv-timewarp.co.uk/midi_files/PeterGunn.midÃ, 

what do you think
about got my first screen finished

Secret Fawful

this is my first background it is the bear with a french accents(skylark) home in the forest dump let me know what you think http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/SKYS_HOME.jpg

Mats Berglinn

I'm not sure what to say here. Is it suppoused to be like that? That you can see both inside and outside of the place at the same time? If you're not trying to then cover up the open side with a wall or fill the whole room in the background. In any of the cases, I think you should change it so that you see the whole room because it looks like you have to walk around with bent back all the time and you won't see so much action if you have the background that way. It does look fine but I think you need to some things like maybe a small kitchen, a carpet on the floor, maybe a trophy of a moosehead and maybe a bathroom or outhouse (how is Skylark going to do his "business" without a bathroom/outhouse?). Otherwise it looks good.

About the theme music: I like the idea of using the Peter Gunn theme because I like that music-piece, however the midi sound horrible compaired other versions of that song (like the Blues Brothers from the both movies). If you done this then re-do it so it will sound better. If you haven't then I can give you the Peter Gunn theme from the Blues Brothers CD I own. Don't worry about the copywrite issues because they won't find out.

I can't believe that nobody except me are replying and showing interest to this game.

Secret Fawful

skylark is a bum everything he has he salvaged from the forest dump he sleeps in the bathtub and yes you have to wlk around cause he always keeps his door locked and there is no wall thereÃ,  Ã,  my e-mail is littlejim@grundyec.net you can send it there ;D

i did not make this

Secret Fawful

Secret Fawful

thanks  ;D

the game will be so big i will devide it in to episodes or parts whichever,  the first part will be about the events leading up to them being sent through time ,      it will have full animated cutscenes, we are talking cartoon movie- like cutscenes and a platform gaming battle form ,     in battle mode you will control each character with the arrow keys and use the mouse to click the gui fight options, you will be able to pull off combos by clicking certain options in a certain order 

does this violence include wanton shooting and destruction

we can only hope ;D

sedriss

By the time you read this you've already read it.

Secret Fawful

Secret Fawful

Secret Fawful

Kinoko

Your game sounds interesting, but you know you can 'Modify' your original posts, right? Well, I guess that's probably a stupid question - but the point is that you can and it will sav you from quadrupal posting.

Secret Fawful

Secret Fawful

expect a short demo showing off the game mechanics real soon. :)

hedgefield

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds to me you're a big Sly Raccoon fan. I have no problems with that, just make sure you make this game 'yours'.

A demo would be enjoyable.

Secret Fawful

The game and characters have nothing to do with Sly. Though I was afraid someone would think that. But the chars are original. Based on a comic I've been drawing for the past 9-10 years. :)

hedgefield

Ah, so Sly stole it from you! Hehe, then forget I said anything. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk