Flash Gordorn

Started by zordork, Thu 01/07/2004 23:07:21

Previous topic - Next topic

zordork

I am writting an adventure based on flash gordon it is still in the early stages of development but the intro amination is ready, check it out it is located on my website...  www.freewebs.com/zordork go to the site and follow the link for A.G.S Page
Life is a desease that has no cure
Do we control our past, prssent or future
Or are we  just pawns to somthing greater far more?

viktor

cool. A flash gordon game. You simply have to use the queen Flash Gordon theme, since they made it for the movie too.

P.S:
I tried downloading the file on your website. How big is that file anyway, becouse it will take a long time for it to download?
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Darth Mandarb

What's the plot about?

Who're some of the characters?

How many rooms so far?

How about a screenshot?

How about some character art?

Is it more movie based, or more from the comic?

Is it a remake?

Will Flash Gordon be made into a black man just to 'add some color to the role'?

Here's an interesting read ... FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING!

zordork

The game is going to be loosly based on the 1980 film, the plot is:

Zarjovs rocket has crashed on mongo, mings guards have captured zarkov and dale, but you flash has managed to evade capture. The game starts with you stood by the crashed ship, your objective is to rescue dale and zarkov and save the earth. I will be useing some of the queen music and some cutscenes from the film (copyright depending).

at the moment i am in very early stages of development, (pen and paper stage) so i have no art work to post as yet, however the intro file is done and is on my website (see above). the file is large so be patient (16mb). the final game will also be large, but i am looking for an install system to cut down the file sizes and pack them for distribution.

zordork

THE LATEST NEWS:

I have completed my map, the game will containe 145 rooms

jetxl

Darth Mandarb, don't act like a moderator if you're not. Give the kid a little slack.
Blackbird, you too. >:(

zordork

Quote from: blackbirdâ,,¢ on Fri 02/07/2004 20:30:38
::) are you sure you will be able to finish this one? ??----YES (BUT NOT OVER NIGHT)

do you have any experience in game making??------YES EVER SINCE BASIC PROGRAM OF ZX SPECTRUM

do you have any experience in ags??------ FIRST PROGRAM ON AGS

is this your first project??------ ON AGS, YES, ON OTHER PLATFORMS NO

do you have a team or is it just one person?------ I ALWAYS WORK ALONE, LESS COMPLICATED

IF YOU LACK MY ABILITY CHECK OUT THE INTRO ON MY WEBSITE, SEE ABOVE, THIS INTRO TOOK MY 20 MINUTES TO CREATE!

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: jetxl on Fri 02/07/2004 20:43:11
Darth Mandarb, don't act like a moderator if you're not. Give the kid a little slack.
I didn't really think I was acting like a moderator.

In my opinion, what you said to me is more acting like a moderator than what I did ;D

I was posing some questions I had about the 'game in production'.

And I did cut him a little slack ... a lot of slack actually.

I mean, I could have said:
"So ... this isn't really in production.Ã,  Since all you have is a way oversized animation which probably won't even appear in the game?Ã,  Why don't you follow forum rules n00b?!?"

But he's new ... so I cut him some slack :)

Zordork, if my questions offended you, let me extend my hand in apology.Ã,  It wasn't my intention.

Welcome to the forums and best of luck on your first game.

Mr Jake

Also aren't you supposed to supply plot details, 2 Backgrounds and a character?

I think Darth was well within his... shall we call them 'rights'

zordork

Zordork, if my questions offended you, let me extend my hand in apology.  It wasn't my intention.

no you did not offend me at all

yes i know the intro at the moment is way oversized
IT WILL be included but in a smaller file size
have u seen the intro?

thanks for ur welcome

Mr Jake

btw, I haven't seen the intro as I refuse to wait 4 hours for it when it should take NOWHERE near that long :)

zordork

it is 16mb should not take 4 hours more like 20 mins, if i were u i would check ur connection

Mr Jake

actually, its because its on Freewebs, and freewebs sucks

zordork

do u have a suggestion for a better place to post it that is totaly FREE

Mr Jake

Depends, what ISP do you use?

zordork

I am ntl, but there homepages dont seem to work right

Mr Jake

It would be your best option, but guess you'll have to make do :(

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: zordork on Fri 02/07/2004 21:17:00
have you seen the intro?
Actually no ... I started the download and it was taking too long.Ã,  I made my comment in my second post based off of stuff I had read since posting my first.

Quote from: zordork on Fri 02/07/2004 20:46:22THIS INTRO TOOK MY 20 MINUTES TO CREATE!
What format is it in?Ã,  Is it a .avi or .mpeg or something?Ã,  Do you have lots of high quality sound?Ã,  You might want to consider (if it's possible) putting together something in Flash ... it'd probably be 1/5 the size.

Quote from: zordork on Fri 02/07/2004 19:24:43I have completed my map, the game will containe 145 rooms
145!!Ã,  Good lord!Ã,  That's awfully ambitious.Ã,  Best of luck.

zordork

the intro is mpg, i dont think flash would work for what i want

145 rooms is the goal, i hope that the whole story fits into them, if not i will have to create some more!

coz of the hugh size of the game i will be offering a distrid by cd offer as well as a download option

ScottDoom

Have you made any previous games? It's best to start with a small game before trying something really big, as you may get lose interest whie making a large game if you've never made one before. Trust me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk