Flash Gordorn

Started by zordork, Thu 01/07/2004 23:07:21

Previous topic - Next topic

zordork

as i said earlier, this is my first ags game, but i have done games and apps in other formats, computer and non computer
Life is a desease that has no cure
Do we control our past, prssent or future
Or are we  just pawns to somthing greater far more?

Mephistophilis

16Mb in 20 mins? What about us poor Dial uppers?
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

zordork

due to the size of this project i have decided to release the game in module format. when you complete a module you will get a release code for the next module. All modules must be completed in sequence. The first module `The Great Mongo Desert` is well underway and should be ready for release within the next month.

zordork

zordork

zordork

Why didnt my screen shoots work?

big brother

The "r6.pcx" one did work. It's a fairly large file for a background (250 kbs+).

Arrrggg....

L3N5FL4R3!!!!
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

zordork

I have updated my website with more info on the game, check it out at www.freewebs.com/zordork the site also contains a cople of screenshots. (sorry bout my webpage design lol)

Secret Fawful

you are using jasc paint shop pro 8 for your backgrounds aren't you i can tell by the sunlight thing as that was the first thing i learned how to do on that paint program 8)

zordork

yeap you got it i am useing jasc for my backrounds, what do u think of the ones i have have posted

Hollister Man

If you are going to have CD format available, PM me when you want and I might be able to get you 'cover sheets' for the cases cheap.  If you want.  :)
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

Secret Fawful

can't say as i do not have jasc anymore sorry but i really liked the ones on your site

zordork

sorry for the lack of posts latley, probs with my isp..... i am in the proseses of changing isp, so i should be fully active again soon

Andail

Look here, featuring 140 rooms in your first project is just not gonna happen, so I suggest you follow people's advice here and make a neat little test-project first.

That would also give you the opportunity to improve your backgound making skills. Frankly speaking, the backgrounds you have made seem pretty hastily concieved at the moment.

I don't want to be discouraging, but you need to be realistic on this one.

PS:
For the ones who can't download the intro movie, it's a series of photographs with bits of text moving over in different manners.
I would recommend having these photographs (granted that you give proper credits) on a web-page, with text captions under or beside. That way, people can take part of it much easier.

Layabout

LENZ FLAEO)RHRTZZZA!!!!
I am Jean-Pierre.

fovmester

Well considering the amount of work put into these backgrounds I don't think 140 rooms sounds that impossible. I mean look at http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/r6.pcx. It was probably done in about 3 minutes. 140*3=420 minutes = 7 hours.

zordork

i would like to point out to Andail that if you had read my previous posts, you would of noticed that the number of rooms is the complete game, which is going to be in chapters, not as one entire adventure, the first chapter is nearing completion and contains 14  rooms. you need to complete eache chapter (or mini game) to complete the entire game.

i liked the idea about puting screenshoots of the intro on my website, i will do this as soon as my new isp is up and running (friday 30th june)

other coments i have had about the quility of graphics.... i would like to point out that in my veiw and many other peoples..... game play and story is far more important, than the graphics, some of the best ever adventure games ever written contained no graphics what so ever.

Joseph DiPerla

Andail and others... You are all very respected members of this community. But please lets not discourage anyone here. If someone wants to attempt to make a project that is this big, let them. There have been lots of AGSers who as their first project had created a big game for the public. So this might come through as well.

Lets have faith and offer an encouraging point of view. Possibly even offer help if possible.

Keep it up Zordok! I always like flash Gordon!

JD
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Hollister Man

I like the style, but you could at least anti-alias the edges of the drawn part in with the sky. ;)

Anyways, when you finish the whole project, you can always go back and 'remake' the first ones.  I can see your BGs have the potential to be as high quality as some others, but perhaps it would be best to focus on your story-telling for the time being.  In time the art will come.  I have seen my art improve as my confidence has grown, and my eagerness to produce good art.  Its like the piano, everyone can learn to play.  Some will always be better than others, but everyone can get better.
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

Mr Jake

Quote from: Joseph DiPerla on Thu 22/07/2004 01:19:26
Keep it up Zordok! I always like flash Gordon!

This is flash Gordoaren

On a side note I did write Gordorn but it gets txt-spelling :/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk