September MAGS: 'The Digital Spell'

Started by jrp, Thu 26/09/2002 21:37:34

Previous topic - Next topic

jrp

Another gamed russhed at the end to meet the deadline. 2.4MB of pixeleted fun.

http://www.otropunto.com/jrp/ags/mags.zip

Some Tips:
Spoiler

There is no inventory

Play with a pen and paper

Locations change threw the game, so be sure to re-visit them

Be sure to play all games before you cast your MAGS vote, and be sure to vote!

In case you are wondering, yes, the graphics are ripped

[close]

Esseb

Exile was a mags game?

Which game are the sprites from?

And, looking great, I just love the spell system.

jrp

yes, it actually took less time to make than this one.

The sprites are from various arcade fighting games (which I never played, nor  know the names).

Thanks

Gilbert

The ones on the screenshot are obviously from Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Monkeyman1138

How do you figure out how to do the spells?

jrp

Spoiler
the main way is by looking at certain places, and being atentive (look at the pile of rocks in the alley. But that's not the only way
[close]

Necro

Yay completed it , nice little game , but I think the spell system confused many people to begin with, but once you know what to look for and how it works its top!

Finer

Very nice. I just started playing it. You say the sprites are rips, so, does that mean the backgrounds are your own work? Wow. hehe, even if they are rips, the whole mix in this game is very cool! It really shows that low resolution doesn't look all that bad, when done well :)

The scaling looks very good too. i like the 'bridge' screen where you look small, even if it still walks as fast as in normal scale (we all know about this). Still, at least i don't have to wait for them to craw to the next screen.

I'll try to finish the game and give more feedback and vote and stuff :)

.Sklate.

hey pretty cool game~ and i like the spell idea thingy, except i'm still kind of confused on how to use it

however i need help

Spoiler
getting past the dog boy
[close]

thanks!

jrp

almost ALL graphics are ripped.

.LtP.:
Spoiler
use the cat spell
[close]

.Sklate.

Ooh~ I get it :) thanks!

I just finished the game and two thumbs up to you Jrp for this game =) however, i failed remembering seeing an alley in this game...wasn't it part of the criteria?

But i love the overall atmosphere the game brought, especially the twist :)

Looking forward to your future games!

jrp

you start in an alley.
It's the first screen!=P

.Sklate.

Doh! *slaps head in stupidity*

Nostradamus

Hmm looks great, the characterscertainly look like Street Fighter style fighters.

Help: in the first screen the guy says the spell looks like a cross but when I do a cross it doesn't work

/
                     -- --
                       /

That's the shape of the cross (only lines are vertical, not slashed) itdoesn't work

Igor unloged

Just finished it- it plays great (game-play mechanics kind of reminds me on Loom). Also the mix of graphics really works here!

Nostradamus- spoiler below:

Hint: it's not much of a cross, more of a plus...

Igor unloged

Wait, i just read you already tried that... hm, if you did as you said, i really don't know where's the problem.

Thorgal

Hey, I'm stuck!
spoiler:
Spoiler
I removed the robot with the machine spell, but I don't know what to do next. Please, help!
[close]

.Sklate.

Spoiler
Check out the sign on Mongo
[close]

Thorgal

Thanks!
I've finished it.
Great game and great idea!
There must be a sequel or something! :)

jrp

Quote from: Nostradamus on Sun 29/09/2002 11:44:14Hmm looks great, the characterscertainly look like Street Fighter style fighters.

Help: in the first screen the guy says the spell looks like a cross but when I do a cross it doesn't work

/
                     -- --
                       /

That's the shape of the cross (only lines are vertical, not slashed) itdoesn't work

Spoiler
what are U using the spell with?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk