"A very special dog" (July MAGS)

Started by Sinitrena, Sun 11/07/2004 22:07:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco

Spoiler
well, i readed here that you had to give the cake to the man in the front of the hospital. So i picked the mand with the clote and took the cake from the bakery, then i was going to the hospital but when i tried to give the cake nothing happened. But i read here alot about pixelhunting so i clicked like crazy with the cake on the men, behind, under, above, everywhere i clicked with the cake, and suddenly he gave it to him and i was in the hospital with the ending scene, that is what happened.
[close]
There is only 1 entertainer, the Q entertainer!

Sinitrena

I really wasn't able to reproduce it, Remco. I tried it and I checked the script, but there isn't any reason this could happen. Normally, it should display a message "I have other things to do" if you haven't allready finished all other puzzels. (That was the little bug I found after you told me that you could finish the game without doing everything you are supposed to do. I fix this bug. But I don't think it had anything to do with what you mentioned) After one minute the dog eats the cake but nothing else. I'm really confused.
It would be nice if this happens to anybody else to tell me. Perhaps I'll be able to find out what is wrong later.
Sorry

cittymom

Quote from: Remco on Wed 14/07/2004 21:40:58
Spoiler
well, i readed here that you had to give the cake to the man in the front of the hospital. So i picked the mand with the clote and took the cake from the bakery, then i was going to the hospital but when i tried to give the cake nothing happened. But i read here alot about pixelhunting so i clicked like crazy with the cake on the men, behind, under, above, everywhere i clicked with the cake, and suddenly he gave it to him and i was in the hospital with the ending scene, that is what happened.
[close]

Remco,
Spoiler
Do you have the cloth and the basket?  I think that it is needed before you can give the cake to the man at the hospital.
[close]

afinch

Quote from: Sinitrena on Tue 13/07/2004 18:15:10
afinch
Spoiler
I think you mean the dog says: I must try to wake Norah first. Just try to wake her. (bark at her)
[close]
Drew
Spoiler
Paul is sitting on the line, just lick him twice and he will leave the room
[close]
and thanks for the bug report. I fixed it, new version is online.

Thanks for the tip - I was licking her ;D

InCreator

Beta testing, Sinitrena, beta testing.

Since It's a MAGS game, you probably didn't have time to get some people to find bugs and test it through, but in the future, always do that. Much easier than uploading game again and again until most of the problems are out of the way.

As for the game, main menu picture made me laugh, and it felt like adventure game parody first.
Then -- yes, really a hero dog... amazing.
Very original and unique concept for an AGS game.

I have strange feeling that it could have HUGE popularity as a series-game, like "Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator", probably at least as much...

Who doesn't like smart dogs? :D

Your rooms are great, If you decide to make some more games, soon you'll start to pick colors more carefully (not so contrasty ones) and texture things... I guess.

So, what I wanted to say -
More!

Drew

Hmm...there's this little bug...or something I missed out...
Spoiler
After getting the basket, I try to get the cloth in the kitchen, but it keeps saying, "I can't take it yet"...is it a bug or did I miss out on something?
[close]

Sinitrena

InCreator, I know, beta testing... Next time I will beta test my game.

Drew
Spoiler
It's not a bug. Perhaps it's not told in the game, but you have to put the cloth in the basket, not the other way round. You are a dog... Well, put back the basket where you took it from, take the cloth, use the cloth with the basket
[close]

Remco

hmm, i have tried and tried today, but it didn`t happened again. Very strange. If you ever find out what it was, please let me know.
There is only 1 entertainer, the Q entertainer!

afinch

I just finished, what a cute game.  i had to try getting out of the garage a few times but found my way to the end.  Very creative ;D

Drew

I see...

Me = A classic example of someone who takes a large inventory for granted lol

Drew

Just finished the game too...the occasional bugs are still there, but it's random, as in, not intentional bugs...very unique game actually...very rarely do you get a dog to be a hero, and with only a 1-item-max inventory ;D

Clairejen

Hi, I really enjoyed the game, it makes me realise how frustrating life must be for dogs when people can't understand what they're saying.
I also had trouble with getting into some rooms in the house.
I think there's a couple of small problems:
Spoiler
Ã,  if you've left via the window but then click to bite the driver again it gets into the 1 minute timer loop again
and also after escaping from the garage I just barged past the man outside the hospital door and the game ended with the final ward scene, I didn't need any other characters or objects.
[close]

Sinitrena

OK, I fixed the biting bug and I changed the bug with the hospital. Well, now it works fine but I don't understand what was wrong before I fixed it. Perhaps I will find out later when I have more time to look at the script.
By the way, I changed the speaking thing a littel bit. Even if no-one mentioned it I found it a little bit annoying that there wasn't much time to read what the dog said so I changed this. I hope you all like my little updated version of "A very special dog" :D

(Download it as always from the link in my first post)

sunshinegold

Quote from: Sinitrena on Wed 14/07/2004 15:55:09
Remco, actuelly there are not two endings. It's not possible to give the cake to the man if you haven't find the driver. I don't know how it could be possible for you. I tried it and it didn't work.Ã,  Can you tell me what exactly you were doing? It really shouldn't be possible to finish the game without finding the driver.
Nevertheless, I realised a littel bug when testing what you mentioned. Thank you, I fixed it.Ã,  New version online.

Just finished playing your game.  Lots of fun.  Not always easy but very enjoyable.  Thank you :)

strawberry

Im reeeeeally stuck at the beginning, please help!
Spoiler
Where on earth is the line ?!?
[close]

strawberry

I've finished your game, and thought that the idea was good, although there were a few annoying points as other people have said. Trying to move through doorways was a big problem and also if i had an item in my inventory i wanted to interact with i had to click 'take' 4 of 5 times everytime to be able to pick it up. All in all though a good game, and as i said, a good idea  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk