The Bar

Started by Opo Terser, Thu 15/07/2004 05:28:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Opo Terser

I've starting a project called The Bar

There will be several characters countless things to do and interact with in the bar. And everything will be set in the same room. Depending on what you say or do could get you diffrent outcomes which will change the game later (like real life). Basically I am just going to try to make a extremly detailed and complex game set in one room. I don't have any solid ideas yet but I will come up with some. And hopefully I will finish it.

Darth Mandarb

Neat idea and, of course, nice looking BG.

It's a little different than your normal style, but good none-the-less.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you're going to pull off a 1 room game!

Good luck and keep us posted!

ScottDoom

It looks pretty good. I'm guessing that you just want to see what you can create with AGS (which is always fun), and would rather spend your time thinking and creating rather than drawing a lot of backgrounds and stuff...

But, I think it would be a good idea to keep the game within the bar, but maybe add 1 or 2 more rooms (maybe one on the other side of the bar, and one inside the male/female bathroom depending on your main character). That first background you have seems kind of small for a whole game to occur in (even if it's full of characters and objects to interact with).

Kweepa

WOO!
Glad to hear it!
But when you can produce such beautiful backgrounds, why limit yourself to a single room?
I'm hoping there's at least going to be some different camera angles.

PS. Surely not MSPaint? :)
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Opo Terser

Well yeah I meant you are at the bar the whole time, you will be able to go outback/outside/bathroom etc.

Oh and yes, It was half paint / half photoshop. I've been trying to move away from photoshop (it sucks).

Minimi

It looks absoluteley fabulous, opo terser!

If I may, just a little thing that bugs me, is the even colour red of the wall "The side line". Maybe you can make that alittle darker, and also shadowed, so it fits everything else.

Anyway, good luck with your "proffesional" looking game!

Konador

Wow what a great looking background! How did you get it looking so good, and how long did it take you?

Mats Berglinn

I'm impressed by the concept and the background art. I wonder how long time it will take before this game will be finished.

[Cameron]

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OPO IS MAKING A GAME!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU OPO TERSER!!!
Sorry, but i'm so excited that our constant badgering has finally worked!

Mephistophilis

Really Good Background.
I had thought of a One room game s well of being stuck in a room and you just have to escape, By picking Locks Kickind Doors or Diving through a Window, But will definitely check out the final product
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

wyr3x

Quote from: Mephistophilis on Fri 16/07/2004 13:02:10
Really Good Background.
I had thought of a One room game s well of being stuck in a room and you just have to escape, By picking Locks Kickind Doors or Diving through a Window, But will definitely check out the final product
Hey, Mephistophilis , i remember i have played a game like that. you can find it to play on-line on http://www.juegos10.com/index.php?parte=categoria&categoria=estrategia&orden=30ipo=fecha , it name is crimson room, but the diference, it's that is made in flash ( :P ), thats why it's on-line.
Ah!, the web is in Spanish, but the game is in english, and you are not going to have problems to find it (it's down the screen)
waiting for the AG of the century .....

wyr3x

you can also find more games like this on

http://www.fasco-csc.com/index_e.html

Have FUN!

DanClarke

Quote from: Opo Terser on Thu 15/07/2004 06:22:19
Well yeah I meant you are at the bar the whole time, you will be able to go outback/outside/bathroom etc.

Oh and yes, It was half paint / half photoshop. I've been trying to move away from photoshop (it sucks).

i like the concept, sounds really interesting, the simple ideas are always the best ones!

Photoshop sucks? You obviously dont use it a lot, i couldnt live without it. All down to personal opinion i guess....

wyr3x

yeah, i agree with you, it's a very important tool, that sucks only if the user doen't know how to use it  ;D

Pumamam

very nice BG, but i agree on the statement that PS DOES NOT suck!
:P

I hope you do this soon. 8)

j-Hed

Thats a damn good BG Opo  :o!

I have always had an idea of developing an adventuregame to more real-life like, that would be a very difficult task. I think you made a good decision to make it a one-room game, so that you can have more control over all the func's. Hope to see it finished soon  ;)

Opo Terser

Exactly my idea J-hed :)

Mephistophilis

I've already played Crimson and the Sequel but in them there's only one way out I mean something with lots of ways out, the more ingenius the better
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

FalnEdn

gods, yes!  definately a beautifully rendered bar-room!  Definately caught interest with this little taste...

wyr3x

Quote from: Mephistophilis on Sun 18/07/2004 20:16:22
I've already played Crimson and the Sequel but in them there's only one way out I mean something with lots of ways out, the more ingenius the better
well, yes, that could be because i was looking for very difficult games, possible , adventure games, and i found it ... i couldn`t get out  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk