Nightmare demo

Started by R4L, Thu 19/08/2004 00:54:15

Previous topic - Next topic

R4L

http://www.geocities.com/rap4life420/Download.html

Go there and click the Nightmare.zip link to download.

The house

The barricaded tunnel

The starting point

Hope you enjoy the demo and I know there are some bugs and it ends without nothing saying the end but please enjoy it anyway.

The Story- You are a man named martin who is just graduating from college. One day you get a letter in the mail from your grandmother. Your happy in one way but spooked in the other. You haven't seen your grandmother in 15 years. You decide you will go see her V.I.A the directions in the letter. You asked your friends but they wouldn't come. So, you drove up there. A tunnel had been barracaded so you found another way around. When you get to her cabin, you open the door slowly and quietly. The light isn't on. You turn it on, and then nothing is as it seems...

EDIT: If the download page is down, then I will fix it tomorrow on thursday night. Sorry for the inconveinience.

EDITAGAIN: I got the download to work but I am afraid that after someone dls it, you have to wait an hour before you can get it again. sorry! The download works sometimes. just click on it and if the error comes up just hit back and click it again. I did this and I was able to test the dl.

EDITTHREE: I changed the link to the download page. I gave you the story.

Darth Mandarb

Is there a plot/story for the game?

Please provide more information ... soon ;)

R4L

Did you go to the website? The story is right there. If you mean like after he is in the house, that will be revealed in the full game.

Andail

He means that you should provide a plot-ouline (and the download link to the demo)in your thread.
Some people aren't amused by browsing through homepages and stuff.

Darth Mandarb

Yes, that's what I meant :)

Too many websites have annoying pop-ups and it's just much easier if you provide the necessary information in the thread.Ã,  That and it's in the rules.

For a good example, check out Dave Gilbert's thread for Two of a Kind.Ã,  It doesn't get much better than that.

Please update your first post.

Edit - Thanks for the update!!

R4L

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Thu 19/08/2004 16:03:30
Yes, that's what I meant :)

Edit - Thanks for the update!!

No problem. Do you plan to download the demo?

Darth Mandarb

I downloaded, and played it.

I think you were going for a very stylized look here.  In which you were successfull!  However, there were quite a few parts where I just couldn't tell what was going on, what something was, etc.  I made my way around by just clicking everywhere with everything.

That was basically how I went through.

I dig the idea, I think maybe just adding some shades of gray might make it a little clearer what's going on.

R4L

Well I tried to go with the black and white but when you entered another room I inverted the colors. I wanted for you to get stuck because notice how there is no GUI. I didn't want the player to see where to look or what that looks like, I wanted them to look at it to find out what it was. Thats basicly what you do in real life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk