Sean's Quest

Started by deadsuperhero, Tue 20/07/2004 17:45:46

Previous topic - Next topic

deadsuperhero

I started making this game about a year ago. It's about this guy named Sean, whose friend has just been abducted by aliens. Sean must travel through different Sierra games. It's humorous, witty, confusing, and has a really good parody of King Graham.
It also has voice acting. Tell me what you think.
Note: I'm already working on a sequel, where Sean get a plane ticket to Tarna.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Darth Mandarb

Plot sounds interesting.

How 'bout a screenshot?

deadsuperhero

deadsuperhero

Right click, save target as to see it.

wyr3x

Cool graphics !, i liked the plot, because you could see a lot of everything .... and i really enjoy playing sierra & lucsarts games (and AGS games  ;D ) .... well, it seem you don`t need help with graphics, and thats what i can do good  :P ...

well ... good luck with your game!
waiting for the AG of the century .....

Moox

He doesnt need help with them because there ripped from other games, thats the room from the demo game. When you make games with graphics you ripp you need to give credit and ask the creator of the art, or its plagerism punishable by incarceration

deadsuperhero

Actually, I ripped the graphics and then altered them so that it looked ridiculous and totally different. Besides, they're going to be different in the final version anyway. :o

Moox

Well you should atleast give gredit to the author

deadsuperhero

I do in the game. You know the Question mark on the interface of most games? I give a majority of my credit to them. You gotta admit, though, the characters look pretty good. 8)

deadsuperhero

deadsuperhero

OK, that's not actually in Sean's Quest. It's actually my very own VGA version of the first screen from Bob's Quest.

Tiki

Eek!  Triple posting! :o  *Covers eyes*
There's a 'modify' button.  Use it.

Anyways, well, I'm a little confused here.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you are making this game, its sequel (before you finish the original),  and 2-3 other AGS games.   Is this true?

I would suggest sticking to one...maybe two if you really can't help it.   Once you show us that you can make/finish a game, then take on as many projects as you want, I say.

Eh, just my nickel's worth

- Tiki

Andail

You didn't make clear that the background was a direct rip off from the demo game, hence somebody instantly gave you credit for the graphics, which is rather unappropriate.
From what I can see, that particular scene wasn't even altered in any way, which you claimed to have done.

Please be more explicit when ripping graphics in the future.

The idea in itself isn't bad at all, but I would recommend getting approvals from the original game makers.

Minimi

DON'T do this:
    NEW GAME BY ME!!!11!!!111 and similar crap...

WHAT THE F*CK!! Not another guy spamming about 25 games he's making!Ã,  Ã, >:( GET A LIFE!!! You can't work on more than 2 games at the same time! And all 3 games aren't far enough to post, read rules, shut up... and go away! Thank you for taking this airline, have a pleasant flight!

....euhm...

What teh heck am I talking about??

Mr Jake

That was kind of lame minimi  :-X

deadsuperhero

Shut up Minimi. Most of my pics are original. Look at this:
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/cafeteriainside.PNG

deadsuperhero

By the way, Tikiman, I'm not making the sequel before the first one. I just had an idea for it. It might never even happen. Who knows? ???

Phemar

WEBSPIDER!!11!1 DOUBLE POSTING! THERE IS A MODIFY BUTTON! err

Oh yeh minimi that was kinda harsh, but webspider you should give people credit even if you modded their art, but good luck wth your projects...

Mr Jake

Quote from: Webspider on Wed 21/07/2004 13:35:57
Shut up Minimi. Most of my pics are original. Look at this:
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/cafeteriainside.PNG

thats one picture, you have presented 3 here which are ripped.

deadsuperhero

Hotspot, I'm working on my own original VGA pictures.
It's really hard, and I only started learning how to draw VGA, so cut me a little slack, okay?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk