Tom Brokaw Quest

Started by deadsuperhero, Tue 20/07/2004 18:14:50

Previous topic - Next topic

deadsuperhero

There is a game where everyone is happy. Where light and shadow meet. Where the ending involves some King's Quest-ish magical cinematic scene. This is not that game.
  Tom Brokaw Quest: Adventures in Boredom, puts you in the shoes of Tom Brokaw, one of the most boring people on the planet. (If you didn't know, he really is an extremely boring anchorman for NBC Nightly news) You have to go around the city, write news reports, and much, much more! Then, you have to confront your arch-nemesis, Bob Boringfeld (instead of Jerry Siendfeld). You will have to go to exotic locations like Boringville and Lulu Land. It's being done in the style of PQ3, and will have voice acting. Hate it. Love it. Play it. Get on with your life. Give me your opinion for this ridiculous game.

P.S: I'm looking for people who can make some really crappy music and I mean reeeeeaaaaaaaly crappy. It should be done aroun December, could be longer.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

deadsuperhero

Here's a few screenies for you to enjoy!
Brokaw outside the Boring Cafe
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Boring1.GIF
In front of NBC Nightly News Building
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Boring2.GIF
Enjoy! (or don't enjoy, I don't care)

deadsuperhero

To see them, right click, save target as.

wyr3x

spidey, sorry, but ... how many games are making right NOW ? ... can you make them alll at the same time ? ...  do you leave them alone in a few minutes ? ..... `cause it`s easier to write down your "NEW" ideas for "NEW" games, but ... like "4" (well, i don`t remember how many) Games at the same time ... well ... i have to see them to believe it .....
waiting for the AG of the century .....

Darth Mandarb

I always say if you CAN make 4 games at once you should!!  But I doubt anybody COULD :)  At least not without the quality suffering a little!  I'm working on 2 projects in my free-time!

Webspider, use the modify link on the top of messages rather than triple posting!!  Some around these parts (myself included sometimes!) can be a bit touchy about it :)

Did you make those graphics yourself?  Or are they rips?  Just curious.

Redwall

The character is Indy in his suit from FoA.
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

deadsuperhero

You're right, it IS Indy. But keep in mind that this is only in the starting phase. Perhaps I will start a competition in the competitions section for what he should look like. It would give me a bit more feedback.

Moox

you cant start competitions without permision

deadsuperhero

Moox

deadsuperhero

So sorry. In that case, are you at least allowed to show your versions of other people's games? ???

Moox

If you call it a modified remake and give credit

BerserkerTails

The "Boring Cafe" is actually the cafe from PQ1VGA, the Wino Willy's is a dead giveaway, and the NBC News building is the parkade from the Police Department in PQ3.
I make music.

deadsuperhero

Hmmm.....okay then. ::)
It is sort of a modified remake, but with a storyline that is extremely different.

Andail

The local moderators of this forum seem to have gone on holidays or something!

Webspider, you are clearly abusing this forum. You present game after game with nothing to show up except for ripped graphics which you haven't given proper credit for.

You display an amazing aversion to following the rules, and a lack of respect for other people's properties.

Don't start a new thread again until you have a real project going, something you have worked on for a good amount of time, something you have put energy and pride into, something that is a product of your own progress in learning the AGS and the various programs needed.

AGA

I didn't lock the topics because Webspider is perfectly entitled (if insane) to make several games at once.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk