AGS Scripting Reference Guide

Started by eric_sp, Thu 22/07/2004 23:59:41

Previous topic - Next topic

eric_sp

I already looked the demo game. I tried to guess in a luck shot the password for entering the advanced room, with a little help from the demo game scripts, but it would be easier to punch the keyboard to get the right password, because i didn't get nothing out of that script.
Isn't there an easier way to create a password panel, using simple variables. For example, in a Flash Action Script, according to my knowledges, is possible to create a text field, where i can type. If I type the correct password, it would open a door, or show a cutscene. If I type any other thing, nothing happens. Can this be made on AGS?
It might look cruel, but if i can't do this on AGS, then maybe it's easier to make an adventure game on flash. (But flash graphics are the worst thing on the whole universe).  :-\

But anyway, is there any Reference Guide on AGS Scripting, listing all commands that might be used on AGS, and how to use it? It would be really nice if I had one.  8)

And if there isn't, i'd like to ask if someone knows a site that group various tutorial on AGS scripting. I tryied to check out the links available on the tutorial section of AGS.co.uk, but the best tutorials for newbies are all off-line.  :-[

eric_sp

Okay, I'm really sorry, there's a reference on AGS help. I only searched through the AGS.co.uk website. I'd like to ask to the moderator to delete this topic, o desactivate it.
Maybe I'll talk about Flash vs. AGS someother time on another place of this forum.

Mr Jake

Please dont. People here really couldnt care how good AGS is compared with what ever other engine.

eric_sp

Quote from: Hotspot on Fri 23/07/2004 07:49:44
Please dont. People here really couldnt care how good AGS is compared with what ever other engine.

no, i didn't mean to say that "ags sucks and flash rulez". you got me wrong if you thought that. but you see, i understand that flash could be very useful if i could just make some cutscenes on it, and then, place it on the ags. and i know how ags is for the 90's fan (lucas arts). it would be impossible for me to create such excellent graphics on 320 x 240 and then import to flash without screwing it up. also flash have problems with font, you know, pixelated font, or whatever it's called.
so i'd like to ask, is it possible to combine flash animations and an ags game? i'm just asking, because it would really be easier for some people, since flash deals with much more graphics, and ags with more scripting. if not, is it possible to import mpg, mov, avi, etc, on ags?

also i'd like to give you this link: http://www.altoids.com/
please enter the ARCADE section, and play the "Curiously Strong All Night Long".
it's an adventure game made with flash, it's cool, but there isn't the nice graphics that  can be found on games made on ags, like No Action Jackson.

TerranRich

This has now gone off-topic. I'll do as you wish, eric, and locky locky...but only 'cuz you asked nicely. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk