BG Blitz: July 27th - August 9th, The Lair

Started by scotch, Tue 27/07/2004 16:03:48

Previous topic - Next topic

scotch

I don't want to have to think about it so I'll take an idea from the suggestion thread.  Tell me if it's been done already.

Evil Geniuses always have a lair, usually in a volcano, underground, beneath the arctic ice or in space and often with pits of sharks, trap doors and white cats.

So draw an arch villain's lair background, you can do it in any style you like.

I think I'll go for a slightly higher resolution this time, just for a change.
Resolution 640x480, colour depth 32 bit, it can be a scrolling background if you like.

And you know.. it's a background art competition so do try and come up with something that could actually be used as a bg in a game.  If you want to draw random art then we could start up Artitude again perhaps.  I would like that.

Sam.

Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Akumayo

Here it is, a Volcano Lab!Ã,  Bumbumbum!

(The left side is normal. The right side is X-Ray)

"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Privateer Puddin'

i'll hopefully have time to try something totally different aswell

SpacePirateCaine

This is my first BG Blitz entry, entitled: "The Watcher's Lair".
What's more evil-genius than he who watches all?

EDIT: I don't know if anyone else is having trouble seeing it, but for some reason displaying a direct link to my DeviantArt site doesn't seem to work. So I uploaded it to the AGS Users File upload thingamabob.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Haddas

That's it, I'm deleting my work-in-progress!

Bagpuss

I know what you mean, that was flipping great.Ã,  More useful for cutscenes than a main location, I'd have thought, but still top.Ã,  Nevertheless here's mine:

It might be used in my RON game, but only after I've lowered the resolution.

lightman

Here is my entry.

The evil genius's mountain lair, complete with mysterious ray-gun.

Is it aimed at the moon? What are his plans?
Find out in the next exciting adventure...

[Cameron]

If you win you host the next BG blitzreig bop.

CoffeeBob

A 3-dimensional Ice Lair!

Yeah, I "cheated" a bit. Made it in 3D Gamestudio =^) .

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

lightman

So is anyone else working on an entry?

Privateer Puddin'

sajoati

hi i'm new to ags, and i'm currently working on a bg, it will not be sensational, but i hope i will have time to finish it. (i will not win with this one, but at least it's funny. :) )

anyway isn't the deadline aug. 9 23:59 GMT?

Tiki

Working on a DOTT-Sam n Max style BG, myself.   I hope to have it done soon.....

CoffeeBob

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Sun 01/08/2004 18:45:12
Why cheat if you're not going to win? :)
I know, I know, I suck... You don't have to tell me =P

Mr_Frisby

whaddya mean it's crap - i'm good I am!!!

what do I win. >:(

Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

sajoati

here's a late entry. Evil MoleLord&his cunning sidekick, PinkEye, the Exiled Spider (he was exiled because of his miserable attempts to take over the spider-community.)

OR
http://canucks.atw.hu/ags/vakond_lair1.jpg

MoleLord has cool clothes :) , a magic sphere with nice car rim-satellite and he's constantly spying on seaside folk, above and under water. :) He's very mean and has (of course) world domination plans.
(Unfortunately I didn't have the time to make all the details, but I had promised this entry, so I posted it. :-/ )

ps MoleLord doesn't care about that he's blind.

Tiki

Alright, go ahead and judge without my entry, scotch.  I've been focusing on an actual game, and didn't find the time to finish this bg.   I liked the topic though, even if you apparently stole it from the suggestion thread, so its technically not yours and....

Good luck to all contestants, and yada yada yada.

Oh, and Frisby, that evil square is the greatest thing since gravy on a toaster.  Make a game about it!  No, a trilogy!

Bagpuss

I did like that about Frisby's post - you can just imagine rolling your mouse over the hotspot and getting the labels pop up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk