King's Quest III+ (call for testers)

Started by Radiant, Wed 28/07/2004 17:13:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwin Xie

Features......Can't really think of them, the game is great the way it is.
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

dreammaster

He probably meant that he wants to program in some more of the remaining storyline, as well as making the spell results usable.

Edwin Xie

Oh! In that case, when you (or manannan) do magic make the attacks look better, like those makes you better understand the attacks such as, giving the impression that electricity is flowing out of your hands when Mananan is zapping you. And the "brew a storm" spell, maybe it could form in front of the person casting the spell, then moving towards the person being attacked very quickly rather than just making it form over your head.
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

Radiant

Edwinxie -> Those are good ideas. Can I hire you as a sprite artist?

Dreammaster -> yes, exactly.

Edwin Xie

Cpt_Jigglypuff

Uhm Just a question, but wasn't his name spelled "Gwidion"? ??? Or am I confused?  maybe I got a bugged copy?  I actually bought it in the KQ collection....hrm....

*scratches head*

Athirwen

Quote from: Cpt_Jigglypuff on Fri 10/09/2004 09:23:07
Uhm Just a question, but wasn't his name spelled "Gwidion"? ??? Or am I confused?Ã,  maybe I got a bugged copy?Ã,  I actually bought it in the KQ collection....hrm....

*scratches head*

No, it was spelt "Gwydion", honestly, it was.

Radiant

It seriously is Gwydion. However, an interesting (and very stupid) point is that Manannan's name is constantly misspelled as Mannanan in KQV.
(both names are from Celtic mythology, by the way)

Robby

How do you get the three bears key.

dreammaster

Quote from: Robby on Sat 11/09/2004 00:06:33
How do you get the three bears key.

Hint:
Spoiler
Use something that's long and sticky to get a good grip on it
[close]
Spoiler:
Spoiler
A little bit of spider web will do the trick
[close]

Robby

Which puzzles are solvable in this beta.

dreammaster

It's a bit hard to be exact but, the storyline should be completable up to day 4 (when the ship arrives), except for:
* Using the results of any spell casting
* Getting coal for the brazier in the lab
* Dealing with Medusa (you could in the previous beta, but the most recent one introduced a crashing bug).
* A few of the ingredients (such as Mandrake root and Nightshade juice from memory)

That's as much as I can remember off the top of my head.

Aldrius

I have an annoying, and likely over-asked question.

When you've finished everything, and released it, will you still be adding more to the storyline, and such. I mean, the original finished off manannan fairly early. Will it be extended this time, so that perhaps you can't kill him until after you've gotten the dragon even, perhaps get the last ingredient or something for the cat potion until AFTER you kill the dragon.

Or even better, perhaps only be able to give it to him when the dragon has been defeated. (I mean make it so Alex flees while Mana is away, and then when he catches up with him *With orders from The Father to terminate both of the children* Alex gives him the potion to him that he stole from him earler. *Perhaps something to give him immense power* and instead it turns him into a cat.) I just think the final climatic battle should be with Mana, and not the dragon.

Er, but my overasked question is, will you re-texture it and add voices after completion? Just curious... as aren't the voices of Mordack and Graham actually in KQ2VGA? or was it just "Sound-alikes"?

Aldrius

Er, seeing I have yet to register, I'll have to post again without editing. Sorry about the father refrence. This is a different continuity isn' it?

Radiant

Thanks for the suggestion, but I must say that it would only confuse the plot if you had to travel back to Llewdor after defeating the dragon. I think rescuing your sister makes for a nice climax and ending. Besides, if Manannan would want to kill Alex, he'd just 'port in and zap.

Voice acting is something I will consider when the project is nearly complete, but not until then.

Aldrius

I meant Mana would follow him to Daventry. Sorry for the confusion. And be all "Thought you could get away didn't you? Well I have a special surprise for those who defy me!" and then Alex surprises him with a bit of Soup or something to make up for it. Mana laughs and says he'll eat it then, as he is rather hungry without his servant preparing his meals. And then he turns into a Cat or whatever.

I really enjoy it though, as is. Mana just always felt like an added-on villain.

And you missed my question about the re-texturing?

Oh, and could it be a little less difficult to die. I mean if Alex is caught with a Toadstool or Fly Wings, how could he know those have magical properties. I mean I know Mana's mean, but I don't think he's THAT wicked.

Not to sound like a know-it-all.

iron_man

Quote from: Aldrius on Wed 15/09/2004 22:28:48
I meant Mana would follow him to Daventry. Sorry for the confusion. And be all "Thought you could get away didn't you? Well I have a special surprise for those who defy me!" and then Alex surprises him with a bit of Soup or something to make up for it. Mana laughs and says he'll eat it then, as he is rather hungry without his servant preparing his meals. And then he turns into a Cat or whatever.

I really enjoy it though, as is. Mana just always felt like an added-on villain.

And you missed my question about the re-texturing?

Oh, and could it be a little less difficult to die. I mean if Alex is caught with a Toadstool or Fly Wings, how could he know those have magical properties. I mean I know Mana's mean, but I don't think he's THAT wicked.

Not to sound like a know-it-all.

ok let's see the situation again :
Mannanan is embarassed by a young slave and defeated in the first part of llewdor. He promises revenge, and full of wrath, after breaking Alex's spell with difficulty finds the latter in daventry.
And before casts the death spell on Alex,
Alex interrupts him and offers him a soup
!!! Mannanan then forgets his wrath and decides to eat food from the hands of his worst enemy! The enemy that made him a cat some days ago!!!

Excuse me, but this plot makes mannanan seem so stupid and ingenuous. Not to mention how greedy-guts he is, postponing a revenge in order to eat food. Food from enemy no less!

Aldrius

Er, you changed my plot around... I never said he changed him into a cat before that.

I meant!

-Mana goes on trip.
-Alex escapes.
-Mana returns to find Alex gone.
-Mana tracks him down to Daventry.
-Alex apologises and gives Mana the potion he stole from him.
-In a cruel twist of Irony, Mana decides to destroy Alex with the potion he stole from him.
-Drinking it down, he finds himself as a cat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk