Principles of Evil-done!!! check other forum

Started by ola_66, Fri 30/07/2004 09:29:37

Previous topic - Next topic

rtf

Wow!  Those backgrounds look great!  I really like the graphical style, which is one of the first things I look at when I start a new game.

I can beta test, too .  :)
I fail at art.

Cluey

Ola, this looks and sounds good.  I'm with everyone else on the "hey look screenshots, those are rare", and the fact that they are such good quality is another bonus.  Could you tell us a bit more about the locations of the game?
Aramore
My webcomic.

ola_66

quick update...
i thought i could finish the game before i left for poland on Aug 1... but sadly, i failed.Ã,  i stayed up all night before the flight but i was still short about 4 hours work time (which of course realistically meant more like 4 days).Ã,  My sis and I will get straight back to work come September, so hopefully it'll be done by end of Sept. (we left it like 90% finished)

oh, and I want to change her name.Ã,  I thought she was named Fergie after the Duchess of York which was so lame that it was cool, but I found out the inspiration came from the Black Eyed Peas' singer which sort of made it genuinely lame.Ã,  So... suggestions are welcome!Ã,  It must be short, and not too girly.Ã,  Nothing like Carmelanalee etc.

sadly, i can't post more pics till i get back to canada.

Quote from: Fawfulhasfury on Mon 02/08/2004 15:39:22
what is the resolution?

it's actually 600 x 460.Ã,  Ã, er... I fear it will be quite a large file...

Quote from: Clueless3 on Fri 06/08/2004 00:34:38
Could you tell us a bit more about the locations of the game?

It's set in its own world, a planet that's very earth like, except much smaller.Ã,  The game will be in two "volumes"; the first encompassing the witch's "House of Doom" in the willow, the mandatory village with various shops, and the marshes where another witch resides.
The second volume will be in the lands of Babayaga... a much darker place which isn't planned out entirely yet.Ã,  I suspect a scarier town, some mysterious culture that lives in the woods, evil farms, lots of caves and cellars :D

Andail

I'm also trying to come up with a name for my female protagonist. If I come up with two, you can have the other one :)

The end of September sounds bearable!
Hope to see it in the finished games forum by then

wyr3x

well, a-m-a-z-i-ng graphics !!!!, and of course, the idea is very creative too. 3/4 made !!!, can wait too much to get it'.
í will wait, but not very patient . Very good work.
(and now, i can say this  := ) Welcome to Agsforums !!!
waiting for the AG of the century .....

Ginny

Yes, welcome! And for the record, I have also heard of Babayaga. She's a big part of russian folkstories, and my parents are from russia so :D
Those quality graphics deserve 640x400 resolution, lovely fantasy style! I'm looking forward to this game very much!

Hmm, female names eh? I can suggest my real name, though I fear it isn't very witch-like :D (it's Nataly btw).
Claire? :/
Altaire if you want to go british ^_^ meh, never mind. :P

Fergie sounds quite nice, actually.

Just a few names to throw in the hat ;)

P.s. Another betatst offer here ;)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Snarky

The most promising fact about this game is that the title spells "principles" correctly!

(That's not a put-down, by the way. Gorgeous screenshots, a funky plot and good spelling? Marvelous!)

neopolis3

I want to play this game... Demo? Also, I could betatest it :D

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Telara?  Kayla? Allura?
Velani?  Drucilla?  Lenore?  I could go on and on...

ghostface

Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 26/08/2004 01:28:41
Drucilla?Ã,  Lenore?
I get the feeling that ProgZ watches Angel!!!!  ::)    and likes Edgar Allen Poe
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

ola_66

Thanks for all the ideas guys!
But I think they're still too fantasy-cliched, and too girly.  Maybe i'll just keep Fergie, or I was thinking Rogi.

fovmester

That's just wonderful! Release in the end of september, you say? That would mean we'd get our hands on this baby in just another week or so! I can't wait that long!!!!

SSH

If you're calling her Rogi, why not Bluecup?  ;)

Alba is a great name... or Scarlett, to match her clothes, or given that her clothes kinda look like the Moulin Rouge video, how about Kim, Mya, or Christina?

And what is it with females from former UK colonies suddenly appearing with great games?

ola_66

Quote from: SSH on Thu 23/09/2004 13:46:37
Alba is a great name...

Indeed.  Actually there's already a character, the swamp witch, who's name is Alma which is quite close.   I always thought that was cool cuz it means "soul" in Spanish.  Can't give more details away about her though.. that's a part that one discovers on their own, later in the game.  ;)

Goldmund

Czesc Ola!  :=

Milo powitac kogos z Polski... bylo jeszcze 2-3 facetow w ciagu mojej kadencji, ale sie zmyli... powodzenia z gra, wyglada swietnie!

Translation:
There was an earthquake in Poland and my aunt lost 30 pounds due to severe fright.

mysterybowler

I'm really looking forward to this one. I love the Baba Yaga. Will she count spoons in the game? What about Charlie for a name? I love it when women have male sounding names. Sounds similar to Fergie and gives it a cheeky edge.
Anyway, good luck with the game. Take care.

GarageGothic

Great looking game. Looking forward to playing it.
As for names: How about Pandora, or Maila?

Chicky

Have i replied, no?! omg. This game looks absolutly amazing, ola! I cant wait to beta ... er i mean play ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk