Mister No

Started by leone, Wed 20/10/2004 08:43:27

Previous topic - Next topic

leone

Hi everybody!

I'm working on my first AGS game, whose working title is MISTER NO. It is going to be a 320x200 medium length game. It is based on an Italian comic, and I will try to give it a comic-book feel.

The action takes place in 1950's Brazil. The hero's name is Mister No. He is an American pilot who lives in Manaus, where he works as a tourist guide, flying clients in his plane across the Amazon.

On his adventure he will go deep into the Amazon jungle in search of a Mayan artifact. The action will take place in several general areas including Manaus and the jungle. I have an outline of the entire story, but I don't want to give away too much.

Current progress:
Graphic 5%
Puzzles 1%
Scripting 10%
Music/sound 10%

For further information visit my website at www.misternogame.tk.

outside home

in the jungle (with GUI)
Mister No is coming

[Cameron]

Nice artwork.
Regards,

Alec

Mr Flibble

Sounds good.
I like the forest screen, especially the plant in the foreground.
Tell me, in the GUI what is the AGS cup icon for?
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

BlackMan890

i like the GUI and the artwork
keep up the good work :D
cant wait to see the game
Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Please go to www.simnet.is/elinnils52 and download my non ags/adventure game :)

leone

Thank for feedback guys!

I copied the style of the comic when I drew these. And they were drawn by mouse, now I have a scanner (I bought it just for this purpose :)), so the new backgrounds are hand-drawn.

The plant in the foreground started out as a tree, and ended up like this, but I decided to leave it, who knows what you can find in a jungle.

The AGS cup icon does nothing at all, I just changed the look of the default GUI. I'm going to change the GUI, I just wanted you to see this one before it goes.
Mister No is coming

Oliver

Nice pics
I really like them. Is there a release date for the game?
You got it!

Coming Soon!

leone

Thanks for asking, Oliver!

I'm reluctant to estimate a release date, because it took me months to get where I am now, which is about 10% of the game done. And my apetite is getting bigger, I want to do a really good job, and maybe make a full length game.

However, I became familiar with AGS by now and did the basics of character animations and plot, plus I got a scaner which huuugely speeded up the process of drawing backgrounds.

Some time next year is my best guess.
Mister No is coming

big brother

I really love your color choices (yellowish skin, like the old comic books) and the style of art (especially the backgrounds). I love the heavy ink feel to them. The leaves in the forest screen remind me of Herge's art in his Tintin books.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Kinoko

Not to offend others, but this is one of those relatively rare AGS games that LOOKS like a game. Really nice job on the artwork, it's a great style. Sounds like a fun story too... don't worry about time. Jyst go with your gut and make it as good as you think it should be ^_^

leone

I really appreciate the words of support, guys!

I'm trying to make the game look as close to a comic as possible (I like games like Comix Zone and XIII). When I coloured the pictures I left the shadows black because they looked good.

I decided from the start not to worry about time, but the progress became ridiculously slow, so I picked up the pace in the last couple of days.

Mister No is coming

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk