can't load back ground from photoshop

Started by , Fri 30/07/2004 16:08:20

Previous topic - Next topic

allusions

I drew a back ground using photoshop and saved it as a 16 bit bmp and then tried to load it in the room editor and I got a message saying that the roon is in high color and my game is 16 bit and the room will be unusable.  I then redrew the image in paint and it loaded but it wasn't the proper size what's goin on?  I'm extremely new at this.  Should I draw my back grounds in something eelse?

Ben

It gives you that message because your game is in 256 colors. There are two things you can do:

1. Change the game's color depth:
Go to the palette screen and click the button that says "change game color depth," and choose 16-bit or 32-bit color. Now you can use 16-bit backgrounds..

OR, if you want to keep the game's graphics in 8-bit:

2. Reduce colors in your background:
In Photoshop's menu: Image > Mode > Indexed Color. This brings up a dialog box. Click on the "Palette" drop-down menu and select Local, then enter the number of colors (should be less than 265, since you only have a certain number of colors you can use for backgrounds.

Scummbuddy

please read the tutorials on game making, dont just jump in. there is useful information there. One being 'that you choose the color depth of your game at the very beginning' is one of the first steps...
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk