Cougar's Quest for Freedom - July MAGS

Started by SierraFreak, Fri 30/07/2004 20:38:39

Previous topic - Next topic

SierraFreak

Hi everybody!

I saw that other entries for the MAGS contest were entered here, so I figured that I'd post my game here too.  It is a finished game, right?

Here's the link.

http://www.dreamorb.com/ags/games/cqff.zip

It's about my cat and his quest to escape from my house.

Let me know what you think of the game!
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

blenderhead

download complete!

Only played it for a few seconds but so far so good!...

aicram

Cool game so far.  I'm stuck though.
Spoiler
How do I get the dog to open the door.  I have tied red string to dog, used his ball on him then message reads - right idea, but have to do something else first.  What is that thing???!!
[close]
Help please.

Barbarian

Quote from: aicram on Fri 30/07/2004 23:06:20
Cool game so far.Ã,  I'm stuck though.
Spoiler
How do I get the dog to open the door.Ã,  I have tied red string to dog, used his ball on him then message reads - right idea, but have to do something else first.Ã,  What is that thing???!!
[close]
Help please.

Spoiler
Yeah, the string puzzle was a bit tricky. But, after using the string on the dog, then use it on the table leg, then use it on the door handle, then throw the ball.
[close]

Btw SierraFreak: I loved the game. And I thought it was so funny in some parts that it made me laugh out loud. Great job. I already sent you an email about it with some more of my comments. I look forwards to seeing more of your projects in future.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

BerserkerTails

Excellent game Sierra freak! The graphics, though simplistic, are awesome, especially some of Cougar's animations (The jumping up to the counter looks exactly like MY cat).

Defintaley can't wait to see more of your work!
I make music.

miryoku_82

I had a lot of fun playing this game.  The music really suited the atmosphere of the game and the animations weer quite good as well.

I noticed that I finished with a score of 75/80 so I'm wondering what I missed.  Has anyone finishe this game with a perfect score?

Oliver

wow!
that is just amazing. This is my favourite game at the moment for sure.
I got stuck too though. But I did a stupit thing. I jumped out of the window. DOH!

I really really really liked the game, hope to see some more games made by you. Good luck!
You got it!

Coming Soon!

afinch

What a great game.  I finished with a score of only 70/80.  I must have missed something.  Does it have to do with the TV???

Barbarian

I got 80 / 80 points. I think where it's easy to miss some points is when talking to Sheba. Makes sure you talk to Sheba about everything, and perhaps even a couple of times..   Other than that, not sure where the 'missing points' are.. perhaps trying 'shreading' some other objects around the house?  ;D heheh.. a classic game this is. I replayed it a couple times already as it's so funny to play through.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

miryoku_81

Quote from: afinch on Mon 02/08/2004 03:29:01
What a great game.Ã,  I finished with a score of only 70/80.Ã,  I must have missed something.Ã,  Does it have to do with the TV???

I thought it might be the TV.  I wasn't able to do anything with it except turn it on.  Was anyone able to do something with the TV and maybe frame Sheba with it?

Gilbert

I just tried a bit and it's quite nice, but I think this is a small bug:
Spoiler

You can get 5 points every time you talk tyo Sheba about the yarn.
[close]

SierraFreak

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the nice comments, and I'm really glad you guys like the game so much.

As for getting points every time you tell Sheba that you'll do something for her, DOH!  I thought I took care of all the situations like that.

But thanks for posting the bug!  I'm going to fix the bugs people have let me know about and release a version 1.1 on my site.

Oh, and also, I'm glad that some of you like the music, but for the people that don't like it - it wasn't my idea!  I was looking for something kind of calm and jazzy, but my wife said that it needed cat music.  So she found some cat music.  After playtesting the game over and over again, I can tell you that it is not an easy song to get out of your head.  It can actually keep you up at night.  That's why included the music volume control.

But besides that, I'm really happy with the game, and very happy that you guys like it.  I'm working on ideas for a new game now, probably something science fictiony.

Wormmaster

Well, I'm stuck.

Spoiler
What am I going to do now? I have dingle ball and Sheba's fur. I scratch the sofa. What then?
[close]

jane

Spoiler
don't forget to leave some incriminating evidence, so you don't get the blame.............you need to put something out of the window to encourage the dog to have  look.................and have fun trying to trash the place  ;D
[close]

Absolutely great game, but there is a bug.................game crashes if you try to touch the dog in the dining room, and when used stick on pillow it turned to hair.

Wormmaster

Thanks jane.
I managed to get through the game.
Great one.

SierraFreak

I wasn't able to recreate those bugs, Jane.Ã,  I wonder what made them happen?Ã,  But thanks very much for letting me know about them.

I've uploaded version 1.11, which has a few more bug fixes.

I'm working on a little walkthrough, too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk