Hauntings Of Mystery Manor - 99.9% Done

Started by Ghostlady, Tue 31/05/2005 01:53:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostlady

First off, I'm a woman.Ã,  Hmmm/Errrrrr.Ã,  I know you don't see too many of us doing this thing, but hey, I might start something.Ã,  I am a programmer in "real life" so I figured I should be able to do this.Ã,  Right?Ã,  Anyways, I got my 1st game about 99.9% done.Ã,  Working on fine tuning and beta testing.Ã,  It is a ghost story with very nice music and graphics.Ã,  It is first person, basic point and click with a unique story.Ã,  I am going to go commercial with it.Ã,  Here is a link with screenshots and a sample of the hauntingly beautiful music.Ã, 
Note:Ã,  I hope I didn't break any rules here.Ã,  Please let me know if I did.

I knew I wouldn't do it right.Ã,  >:(

How's this:
Story:Ã,  I see it like an old gothic novel, which they don't write anymore.Ã,  You arrive at your ancestral home which you haven't been back to for 15 years.Ã,  Each room holds a spirit that has their own story that they will tell you. You must help free them from their misery, which is how the house holds them there. You do that by un-murdering them or bringing them something they want or desire. It is quite atmospheric. Hauntingly beautiful, as I refer to it, but not falling into the "horror" genre.Ã, 

The game runs with 640 x 480 resolution.

Screenshots:

http://www.mysterymanor.net/AGS1.htm

http://www.mysterymanor.net/AGS2.htm

http://www.mysterymanor.net/AGS3.htm
My Games:

Hauntings Of Mystery Manor
Intrigue At Oakhaven Plantation
Haunting at Cliffhouse

Darth Mandarb

Did you read the FORUM RULES?

You're website does a good job of following the rules, but this thread doesn't :)

You need to modify your first post and put in a story synopsis and at least 2 of those screenshots.

The music on the website sounds great ... creepy, but great!

I can't get a good idea of the screenshots because they are so small but they seem very detailed and nice.  What resolution does the game run at?  Could we get some actual sized screenies?

Please update the first post, thanks.

simulacra

I really like stories like that. Sounds great!

What a loser.

Looks amazing, cant wait to get my hands on this one, oh rare female game developer.  ;)

madgooseparade

These graphics are spectacular, better than some professionl stuff I've seen. The music actually sent chills down my spine. Great mood!!

I want to be an ags programmer, female presumably since I am,  but I never mastered the scripting or the program  :'( But one day I shall!!

Can't wait to play it!! Keep up the good work

Mozesh

Sounds interesting.
Graphics look great! keep it up.

Sinister

Very... nice..... (ahem!!!!).. i mean VERY NICE!

i like the music a lot, perfect atmosphere. It all seems very detailed reminds my of that movie... whats it called...?? (Haunted House??... Hill House??.. oh who remembers!)..

Anyway if your looking for Beta-Testers... count me in.

Barbarian

Okay, had to make a reply to say I took a quick look at the screenies and heard the music as well... First impressions "Amazing"  ;)  . You've done a great job from what I've seen/heard so far. Story idea you mentioned seems interesting as well.  I wish you all the best with your project, and I look forwards to playing it when it's ready.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Looks very interesting.  There seem to be alot of haunted manor type games going around lately  :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk