Batling: Rise to Power ***CANCELED***

Started by Akumayo, Sun 01/08/2004 22:44:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Akumayo

Sorry for booting this up to the front, and sorry to all those who put monsters into it, but Batling: Rise to Power is being canceled.  I cant do it anymore.  Too many bugs, so much dialogue, I can't handle it!!!  If anyone wants the sourcecode so they can adopt it or whatever, e-mail me at akumayo@hotmail.com and we'll work something out.

Special thanks for trying Ozwalled, sorry.
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Ishmael

I think doing something for the GUI might improve the look, but that's just me, as I am a GUI-maniac...

But anyway, looks cool :) Me looking forward to.

----- EDIT: Friggin' typo... -----
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

mousemat

your grafix are the same as my game ,not to detailed but done neat and quick.
i want this game  ;D
i will download the demo and as soon as it is finished i will download it again!

GOOD LUCK WHEN FINISHING THE GAME!  ;)
Oh yer moon walkin'
www.freewebs.com/bkreview/

Akumayo

Ishmael:  What exactly do you think I should do to fix up this GUI?  Right now, the GUI originally shows the targets on all four buttons, when the cursor moves over the buttons, they reveal what they do, Strike, Recover, Increase Power, Decrease Foe Power.  How should I improve my GUI???

Mousemat:  Cool

Anyone find any bugs, etc.??

Barbarian

Looks cool. I'll soon try d-load the demo to try it out.

Going by the screenshots here, it looks like the text, "HP: ... LV:" slightly overlaps the edges of the GUI. Maybe you could try and neaten that up?
I suppose you could also make your GUI look more interesting with some kind of background texture and/or image on it too.  But hey, it's your project, so just take or reject any suggestions as you see fit for your game.

Good luck with your project.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Akumayo

I will add images behind the HP GUIs soon...  thanks for the suggestion

remmies

;D great game, u seem very good with scripting, very good!

Moox

Thats really fun, please add a run option to battle

Akumayo

Remmies-Thank you, but I am not a very very good scripter....

LostTraveler-  No way, you only batle monsters in self-defense anyway, if you could run from them there would be no point, I do plan to make the Batle Guide accesable during batle though, if that helps.

Ishmael

I might give you a hand with the GUI, if I know how it exacly works.. but my main point was brought up, appearanlty it was the look of it.

(If you've played any of my games, you should understand my relation to GUIs... maybe)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Akumayo

Ishmael:  Okay then, perhaps I will sometime, btw, do you know what the transparent color for a GUI is, I can't seem to find it....

Mr Jake

game looks good, cant wait to see it, and TEH EVIL HAT :P

Akumayo

Hotsptot-Ã,  You are in luck, when I release the next demo, the EvilHat will appear near the Forest Ruins!!!

***IMPORTANT NOTICE:***
            ***  BATLING:  RISE TO POWER HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD DO TO THE INFERNAL MENACE...........SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!***

Akumayo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk