August MAGS

Started by SierraFreak, Mon 02/08/2004 01:45:36

Previous topic - Next topic

viktor

I get a trypod error when I try to download...
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

CodeJunkie

I get the same problem.

One other thing though- can entrants vote for their own games?  It might be a bit unfair if someone votes for their own entry while another votes for somebody's else's because they weren't sure if it was cheating.

Akumayo

I edited my post, the link should work now, sorry about that.....
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Klaus

Ah, these are really some interesting theories about my avatar ...

Quote from: ghostface on Mon 09/08/2004 01:52:27
I believe thats Max Payne layered on a kickass background.
Quote from: SierraFreak on Wed 11/08/2004 14:43:21
I kind of thought it was Tex Murphy myself.
Well, it's neither the one nor the other. Actually it's not even an avatar as it simply shows ... me.

viktor

Quote from: Akumayo on Sun 15/08/2004 02:29:24
I edited my post, the link should work now, sorry about that.....

Ok now this is wierd. I DID download the game but I can't play it. When I open it in defoult setings on the opening screen the cursor dosn't show. When I try to use custom setings I can't open the setup becouse an error screen pops up.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Ozwalled

The setup file's not working for me either. But use the arrow keys. It's keyboard controlled, apparently.

Worth noting is the fact that the M key seems to bring a map up (not that you need it), but you don't seem to be able to Exit the map and go back to the game properly.

Gosh this game frustrating, though...

viktor

I just figured it out. To make the setup work you hawe to rename the exe file to AUGMAGS.exe

signature" border="0

Akumayo

Sorry about all this....

Keyboard control is used
the map can be opened with M and closed with C (your buddy tells you that over the intercom)
I didn't remeber to say in the README, but you do have to rename the game file to AUGMAGS to edit it's settings....
I'm REALLY SORRY
(i'm not disqualified, am I???)

Oh, and, I will be out for the next 2 weeks or so, so I can't vote or anything....  but am I still eligible for the contest, I will be back the 1st I think....
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

SierraFreak

Quote from: Klaus on Sun 15/08/2004 06:43:46
Ah, these are really some interesting theories about my avatar ...

Well, it's neither the one nor the other. Actually it's not even an avatar as it simply shows ... me.

Klaus, I'd be pretty happy if I was confused for either Max Payne or Tex Murphy.   ;D
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Klaus

So the deadline is coming closer now... Two entries are in already so for all the others that want to take part please submit your games within the next 40 hours (see timestamp of this posting). Then the voting will begin.

Barbarian

I was going to enter this month, but alas, things have been sooo busy with me lately (mostly work related), and then time goes so fast and I figured I better use my remaining spare time this month to concentrate on my game I've been working on the last few months as I'm getting really close to having a Beta version ready for testing.

And then the last week or so I've been having some strange computer problems which hindered my progress (I narrowed it down to some corrupt video drivers, so an install of the newest drivers seems to have fixed it for now).

So, hopefully in the future I'll be more prepared to enter a MAGS competition, but for this month it's a no-go for me. My respects to the people who enter and best wishes.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

CodeJunkie

40 hours?  I'm not sure whether the time displayed above your post is the same for differing timezones, it says 17:36 for me.  If I live in GMT -00:00 will I be able to theoretically submit one minute before midnight at the end of the 26th August?
Anyway, my entry is nearing completion, although I may have to make some cuts to get it in on time.

R4L

Quote from: Akumayo on Thu 12/08/2004 23:10:24
Here it is!!!Ã,  My entry!!!!

(My Tripod account was terminated because I violated something or other.... so I'm on geocities now.....Ã,  Tell me if this one works please, I think it does!!!)

Download link:
http://www.geocities.com/liberationcompany/operationreddice.zip

Site Link:
http://www.geocities.com/liberationcompany/liberationcompany.html?1092532888374

Screenshot:

Vote for me!!!

Oh, and now the game features a special appearance by Roger for those who win the game!!!!

Damn thats hard!

EDIT: Can I enter the MAGS? My computer clock says its the 25th of August. I have my game started and if I can enter I will send some screenies.

Klaus

Quote from: SimB on Tue 24/08/2004 21:06:30
I'm not sure whether the time displayed above your post is the same for differing timezones, it says 17:36 for me.
No the time displayed is adjustable by each user - so it shows the time in your timezone (at least it shouldÃ,  :) ).
That's why I'm talking in hours and not about a special time.

Quote from: SimB on Tue 24/08/2004 21:06:30
40 hours? ... If I live in GMT -00:00 will I be able to theoretically submit one minute before midnight at the end of the 26th August?
Not really. Add the 40 hours to the time of the posting. So for you it's August 26th, 9:36am. Okay?

Quote from: Rap4Life42o on Wed 25/08/2004 04:44:44
Can I enter the MAGS? My computer clock says its the 25th of August. I have my game started and if I can enter I will send some screenies.
Of course you can. Still about 26 hours left...

To everyone: If you know you're close to finish a game but can not make it in time - if it's just some hours more that you need - just post this information. We can expand the deadline in special cases for let's say one day. But it's always difficult to do that as other participants create their games to fit the time limit and therefore eventually took out parts of the game just to finish it in time. So not everyone is happy about an extension.

R4L

26 Hours?! It's now 5:02 AM in NY, eastern time zone and I have 26 HOURS?! August MAGS don't last all August?

EDIT: I have a screenie for my MAGS game. Its called Ray and the Guitar. Ray Gunn is a rising guitarist, but recently, his guitar had fallen down and broke. He needs some money to buy a new one!

This is the room where he rehearses and does whatever. The guitar you see is the one he uses but it won't play in his Supa Amp 2000.

Mats Berglinn

Usually MAGS Never last the whole month because we got to vote for the winner before the end of the month so we can the next month's MAGS rules ready.

Is this your first ever MAGS, Rap4Life42o?

R4L

Yes it is. I was hoping I could enter soon, but 26 hours? That's plenty enough time but I don't know about a host site.

viktor

if the file size isn't to big (it shouldn't be becouse this is a mags game) I can host it for you.
signature" border="0

R4L

Well, I am hoping the game is going to be only 12 rooms.

Blane_

:) I suck at animation but I will do my best.
Since I can't do animated explosions that well I will probably make a GRAPHIC NOVEL section of the game
The game is called Dr. Dan and the office construction tragedy.
It will only have one character, not counting the Dr. Dan clone.
It will be a short game where you must get around his work building. He fell asleep last night and now their tearing it down. You must move all around the building to get things to either (A) Escape the building, or (B) Convince the workers to not destroy it. Both will give you different Graphic Novel endings.
Is this okay?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk