Sprite Jam! 9-8-2004 to 16-8-2004

Started by Gilbert, Mon 09/08/2004 11:40:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

Well because of some you-know-why reasons, I decided to end the last competition and start a new one.
Read: I wasn't the winner (there was no winner last time, I didn't even enter the last one), I just start a new one to let things move on.

This week's topic:

A Fruit
Resolution: Not bigger than 50x50
Colours: unrestricted

You may say, "WHA7?2? A fruit? That's uncreative!"
If you really said that then it's you being uncreative, by a fruit it can mean many things, as far as your creative minds go.
For example, it can be an ordinary fruit, like a pineapple (well that's boring of course), but you can also make some non-existing type of fruits, like a chocolate melon (this is just an uncreational example), or even if you drew an ordinary fruit, you can make it special like an apple with wings (well it isn't that special I know).

So the topic is quite open, as long as you can convince ME (read) that it can be regarded as a fruit, which can be suggested by the picture itself or via some small descriptions.

Note also that since this competition is not Photoshop Phriday,Ã,  this time the rule is strict (in CAPS!):
NO DIRECT PHOTO CUT&PASTE OR "PHOTOSHOPPING".
Drawing with reference photos or tracing over photos are, however, allowed (as I don't process the ability to tell the difference :P ).

Note also that the result will be judged in this order:
1. Whether the creation sticks to the rules.
2. Creativity.
3. Skill.
4. Amount of $$$ you will pay me.

So it's most important that you follow the rules, unless under very, very special circumstances (like free pr0ns maybe) that I may take point 2 and point 3 for advance. Note also that if you want to bribe me to win it, you gotta be rich as money only coutns as the last point of judgement.

Happy Spriting!

Haddas

ghostface

thats the funniest thing i've seen today, haddas...thank you
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

mousemat

the first was crap so i drew it again

i made a cinamelon ;)
check it out
full of sweet cinamon mixed with melon ;D
do you take plastic?
Oh yer moon walkin'
www.freewebs.com/bkreview/

Gilbert

Fun, but since I'm not quite familiar with culture and stuffs I can't get hadda's entry. Was it someone from a band that has to do with fruits?

Evil

I guess its just a weird guy. Like m0ds may be considered a fruit.

Redwall

Originally I think it meant gay/homosexual.
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

AGS-GD

Hi,

Here is my fruit; the Applear:

I hope you like it.

Haddas

Yes, that's what I meant. I've heard homosexuals been called fruits in movies and tv-shows etc. That's what I meant. I wouldn't really say m0ds is a fruit.

Ozwalled

KILLER TOMATO!

Tomatoes are fruit! Right? Right!  :P

NOTE: Shamefully, I've never seen any of the Killer Tomato movies.

Dart

See it's, uh, a crime-fighting flaming banana who's wearing wicked sunglasses for extra coolness.

HillBilly

TOTAL EVILNESS!!

oh, and just because I can:

CHOCOLATE ORANGE!

BerserkerTails

SuperCarrot... for some reason your sprite reminds me of the Fruit Fuc-... Err... the Fruit "Friend" from Penny Arcade.
I make music.

SuperCarott

Quote from: BerserkerTails on Tue 10/08/2004 15:44:05
SuperCarrot... for some reason your sprite reminds me of the Fruit Fuc-... Err... the Fruit "Friend" from Penny Arcade.

Nah, i stole the idea from somewhere else   8)
(i dont really dig that comic though :( )

mätzyboy

It's an apple...

EDIT:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/matzyboy/apple.png
The same apple, with a proper outline this time... :)

Good to see everyones creativity when it comes to making fruit up! I hope just a regular apple is fine aswell...

MrColossal

well, might as well post this then!

It's LasNaranjas flying his Movil poorly...

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Dart

MrColossal: There's a 50 x 50 pixel length restriction. -_-

MrColossal

this is true... wasn't even thinking of that, well, consider it a non entry then, blop blop
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Mr_Frisby

Quote from: Ozwalled on Tue 10/08/2004 10:39:50

Tomatoes are fruit! Right? Right!Ã,  :P

Botanically speaking a tomato is a fruit - but more precicely it's a berry as it has a cluster of seeds inside a soft membrane.

also this is a lone suicidal grape doing yoga -

Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk