Journey into Mystery - Runes

Started by AtakeeR, Tue 10/08/2004 08:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

AtakeeR

Dwarven Forge presents first three games of their production (Actually one game split into three parts)

I. Journey into Mystery - Runes
II. Journey into Mystery - Dungeon
III. Journey into Mystery - Coming Home

Trilogy is called Journey into Mystery - Quest for Ressurection Sword

Story: [of trilogy]
You are collector of artifacts from diferrent realities, dimensions, worlds (call it as you want) - name isn't important. Now you enter Runeworld to search for mythical Ressurection Sword - weapon which can resurrect anyone.

Story: [of episode]
Main problem is to get to Dungeon to get Sword - Entrance is sealed for (now) unkown reasons by 4 seals - seal of Fire, Ice, Air and most powerful - seal of Life. You need to make Runes - stones which are powerful and can break corresponding seal.
Player quest in fist part is to make those runes to break seals. After this episode ends.

Features:
15 rooms [7 are FPP, 8 are TPP]
17 items [often multi use]
Many interactions have uniqal reactions of player character
Astounding quanity of NPC(s) - 1 :)
5 Runes
320x240 16 bit graphic
Magical world full of runic carvings

Screenshots:

This is gui of game (Standard Sierra gui with custom runic graphic and bar like in lucas-arts games)

Finished first room of game

Still unfinished main room of game - only finished parts are mountain, fortess, and this symbol from plants - other things are objects or need to be redrawn.

Sorry for no character art, but I still think about it and hate to draw characters :).

Progress:
Plot/Story/Puzzles: 100%
Graphic: 20%
Music: 0%
Programming: 10%

Game release time still isn't known

Akumayo

Interesting game....  I like the idea of runes and I like the strange symbols in the grass and stuff, but did you ever consider using real runes, like the Norse Runes, or the Greek Runes, or the Irish Runes???  If so, I could send you a copy of the Norse Runes, they can be used as a second language perhaps for writing on the walls of the dungeon...  Anyway, looks like a great game!!!
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

AtakeeR

Good idea but not for this game - I get quite big collection of ideas for other Journeys into Mysteries :). Including Ancient Egypt :). And please send these Nordic runes - I probably use it in future project. 
Runes in this game are just one of few kinds of magic which are/were/will be used in Runeworld - at the moment most popular. One and only NPC in game has quite big information bank about history of Runeworld (Ok. I'll reveal some mystery - he is librarian but not fully human - humanoid but no human (I know that it fell really like I copy Prachett [and BTW I'm fan of his books] but still I saw that after finishing this character profile :). BTW Librarian isn't only Pratchett-like thing in this game, but shh. :)).
This Librarian very likes to talk - I still not finished dialogs.
I'll probably update main post with new progress on Monday.

Akumayo

Here are the Norse Runes, use them as you will....

"Power is not a means - it is an end."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk