NightScape - 19% done... :) DEMO AVAILABLE HERE! Please post opinions!

Started by CodeRed, Thu 12/08/2004 20:01:15

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeRed

:) Well, I'm 13. I promise to be responsible and act maturely. The past few days I have been playing 5 Days a Stranger and 7 days a skeptic. (Which I grew very fond of.) Now It has inspiried me to make a game. It is called NightScape. Thanks to KnightQuest I have change my gameplay. Thanks to "constructive" critism from Darth I have finally made it a bit better. Thanks all.

Ã,  STORY SO FAR: Alright. The game starts out sloppy. Your character is standing there. You click him. He says his name and that he doesnt know where he is (His name is Alex Watson by the way). Then there is a box. You click the box. He goes to the next room. There is a guard you talk to him he says he'll be nice and let you pass. There is a bit more rooms of clicking doors and things until you talk to a captain. He tells you alot of a storyling including: NightScape is a country unknown to the rest of the world. It is always night there.Ã,  He tells you that you have the same blood as your ancestors, Allowing you to break the curse on NightScape. Wanna know the catch? They have to sacrifice you. So you just kinda go along with them until your in a fortress on the coast of NightScape. You have to go in and find out more about YOU. After that you meet people that know about your ancestors, you learn more and more until you find out that you can stop the Night without sacrificing yourself. It's not perfect and its not hard. But I'm only testing what I can do with AGS. I've finally gotten added things so now I'd say I'm getting progress...

Ã,  Ã,  I think I've rambled on enough so I'm gonna leave it to you guys now. (And if by anychance the name I used has been used some where else. Please tell me and I will remove it immediatly).

Another thing is that you cant go backwards thru doors and things. :(
(MY Other game site is. www.coderedgames.tk . My AGS game website is http://ccc.domaindlx.com/coderedgames/ )

CodeRed

Sorry, Here's a picture. The colors didnt come out. But there is color in the game. it inverted them....lolÃ,  :P

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/NightS.JPG

As you can see. I'm a newby. Just picture the game un inverted. For instance the hand there for the mouse. Is Red, The background walls are grey, and his shirt is light grey, pants are blue... I think... Aw well you get an idea...

Oh and I was reading the rules and, the game should be released next week. Thanks.

CodeRed

Ã,  ??? I have a quick problem. After posting I went to work on my game again. I made a neat title screen. But my character cant start on it. he needs to start on the first room. SO. How can I make my title screen at the begining. There is an Object that is a start button. "Anyclick/player goes to room 1." By the way the title screen is room 7.

Mr Jake

Wrong forum for this really, but I will reply as it is only a quick question.

In the character screen it will say 'Character starts in room: { }' just put the number of the room in the box (7 in this case)

CodeRed

Tried it, When he starts though. Hes in this room. Never mind, thanks for helping me though. Do you like my game idea? :-\ Anyway I just finished a demo that goes up until the fortress... DOWNLOAD HERE -Ã,   Tell me what you think of it...

Darth Mandarb

Please use the modify button instead of triple posting. (first 3 posts in this thread are yours)

I'm glad you read the rules.Ã,  Please fix the colors on the screenshot and upload anew.Ã,  Also, in the help section it shows you the code to use to post images:[ img ]http://www.locationofimage.com[ /img ] (take out the spaces obviously)

Your story/plot doesn't sound very well thought out.Ã,  I would suggest working on that some more.Ã,  The whole, "I don't know who I am at the start of the game' plot is VERY overdone.

Also, as you've given a walk-through of the first part, I don't see any real puzzle solving?Ã,  Just kind of walk-n-talk ... which isn't all that entertaining.Ã,  What you've described as the beginning of the game (playable) sounds more like a cutscene intro or something.

CodeRed

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Thu 12/08/2004 22:03:27
Please use the modify button instead of triple posting. (first 3 posts in this thread are yours)

I'm glad you read the rules.Ã,  Please fix the colors on the screenshot and upload anew.Ã,  Also, in the help section it shows you the code to use to post images:[ img ]http://www.locationofimage.com[ /img ] (take out the spaces obviously)

Your story/plot doesn't sound very well thought out.Ã,  I would suggest working on that some more.Ã,  The whole, "I don't know who I am at the start of the game' plot is VERY overdone.

Also, as you've given a walk-through of the first part, I don't see any real puzzle solving?Ã,  Just kind of walk-n-talk ... which isn't all that entertaining.Ã,  What you've described as the beginning of the game (playable) sounds more like a cutscene intro or something.

Yes, I know. But It's just a test game kinda. Ive never used AGS before....  :( (I'm kinda dissapointed now...

Darth Mandarb

Don't be disappointed.

If it's just a test game, what did you expect?

Nobody here thinks your first effort is going to be the greatest game ever!

Don't get discouraged, I was just trying to offer some constructive critism.

CodeRed

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking, Crunstructive critisism...lol
Well most of my games have been arcade games. So games using AGS are new to me. This storyline was wierd when i created it. I was hoping to open it up later on through-out the game. You know. Different endings and that type of stuff.. anyway I'll take your advice later on but for now I'm going to continue working on this one.

P.S: have you tried the demo?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk